Friday 6 November 2015

Twelve Tags Of Christmas Challenge

http://www.stampingwithloll.com/2015/11/day-two-twelve-tags-of-christmas.html

Hello my lovelies!  Today I have something very different for you . . . a tag for the wonderful Loll of Stamping With Loll  where she has this fabulous mixed media tag challenge going on.  There are loads of guest designers with some amazingly creative tags, that you just have to go and see!

I had never attempted mixed media before, but I found it to be quite a fun thing to do!  This is one my attempts.






I made the base background by spraying some ink on to a piece of card stock and left that to dry.  When it was dry I sponged some distress inks through a stencil in a few places.  Then when that was dry I cut it out using a stitched tag die.

Next, I sponged some sparkle gel through a star stencil and also left that to dry.  Meantime, I punched some snowflakes out of glitter card and stamped the sentiment in Versamark on to some vellum and the companion part to the sentiment on to black card stock and then heat embossed both in white.

Finally, I assembled the tag, and added a piece of satin ribbon and some sparkle gems to the centres of the snowflakes and that was me done!

Why not come and join us . . . there are even prizes to be won!  As always, I appreciate you all.  have a wonderful day!  Hazel xx

15 comments:

  1. Hazel this tag is frosty beautiful! I love the way you created that gorgeous background ! Love the shimmer, sparkle and velum sentiment! Have a great weekend friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so gorgeous, Hazel!! The background looks beautiful!! I love the sparkly snowflakes!! Absolutely fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, my friend! I LOVE your first attempt at mixed media ... seriously, it looks like you've been doing it forever! Great mix of elements with the sprays, stenciling, sparkle gel and die-cut embellishments. Everything just works perfectly together. Love the pairing of the two sentiments --- I need to do that! :) Thanks so much for sharing at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me Hazel this is soooo beautiful, I love it.
    Never heard of sparkle gel, don't know what this is.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hazel, your first attempt at mixed media is so good!!! I haven't the courage to jump into it. It's gorgeous - I love the colours. So Frozen :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is simply dazzling. Snowflakes, white, blue is a real beauty of winter. Looking at your tag move to a snowy morning.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe that this is your first attempt at mixed media! It came out beautifully! Love this sparkly, wintry tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tag -- blue is popular for the holidays this year -- Love the tiny strip of vellum too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first attempt at mixed media - you did a great job, Hazel!!!!! This really looks stunning - love the beautiful bg you created and the snowflakes are so lovely!!!! Love how you've done the sentiment on the black and vellum!!! So beautiful!!!
    Have a great Sunday, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mixed media - although I'm not very good at it. This is a wonderful first attempt! It's got great sparkle and texture and interesting layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is mixed media sparkly goodness! You are at polar opposites with CAS and then mixed media! I love the blues you have used and the glitzy snowflake! Great job! Now that you have this mixed media down...will you be able to go back to CAS?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag...love that gorgeous blue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful tag Hazel. The colours are gorgeous and I love all the sparkle. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful simmer and I love that blue background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x