Sunday 1 November 2015

Yet Another New Challenge To Me - One-Layer Simplicity Challenge - Gratitude



Yes folks, it's another 'new to me' challenge today!  I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday!  The sun is actually shining here in the wet SW and there isn't a cloud in the sky . . . which leads me neatly into the challenge  One-Layer Simplicity Challenge - Gratitude  and the sentiment on this card!  I will list supplies used below.






First I masked off the strip across the bottom third of the card and sponged some distress inks very gently, as I wanted a soft look for this card.  Next, I stamped the Lily silhouette from Hero Arts 'With Sympathy' stamp set and the greeting from Avery Elle's 'Love Notes' stamp set and sponged some white pigment ink through a home made stencil for a soft bokeh effect and added a few white dots with a gel pen.

I finished it off with black lines on the edges of the sponged panel with a black marker and added a few co-ordinating sequins!  There you have it, a very rare one layer card from me!  I hope  the remainder of your Sunday is great, whatever you are doing and thank you all for . . . making life beautiful with your sweet comments and encouragement!  Hazel xx

13 comments:

  1. Hazel, this is so lovely - enjoyed reading how you created the design. Stamping the flower outside the border sponging created so much dimension & interest on the one layer card. This one would be super for assembly line design, and wonderful for mailing. Good job!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel. YOU make life beautiful! :) This is so pretty ... wonderful design and love your soft sponged colours. The black adds some drama and grounds everything. Great job my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you found the OLSC, Hazel! You did a brilliant job making your card appear to have layers by your choice of design and by your masking and coloring! I love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you my friend for sharing this beauty with us.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is stunning, Hazel!! I love the colors!! Adding the black lines is such a fabulous touch!! This is CAS perfection!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful and you totally rocked the one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous one-layer card...what wonderful use of white space and the sequins are such a lovely touch! Thanks for playing the OLS Challenge! Hope you'll come back again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful one layer card, my friend! Love those soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You achieved lots of dimension on your beautiful OLC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Hazel....lovely sentiment...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of this one layer inky card. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really on a roll with all these new challenges, my friend!!!! You have made a stunning OL!!!! I love the soft colours and the bokeh effect is absolutely lovely!!!! That lily stamp is so perfect and pretty to use with the sentiment and the sponged strip!!!! This is really such a FABULOUS creation, Hazel!!! For sure a winner!!!
    Have a wonderful evening, dear Hazel!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color you have created on this strip. It give your strip so much interest. Then the black flower just makes your card POP! Jugs is having a one layer card challenge. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x