Monday 25 May 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 178 and 179

Today I have a few cards to share, as I will be away from my PC, blog and civilisation (very little in the way of technology) for the whole of June - I will miss you all, my dear blogging friends!  So, whilst in the midst of packing and sorting things out, I decided to have a tidy up of my work area in readiness for my return.

Now, my crafty friends, you all know how this goes . . . you get a brand new die, you just have to cut it out there and then, to 'try it', you throw the die cut piece into a little box for when you have a project in mind that you will use it on . . . you never do!  You try out a new stamp and coordinating die, you throw that in your box in readiness for that project you have in mind, that you will make sometime . . . you never do!  And so it goes on and you have a box full of 'snippets' and strips of patterned paper and card-stock snippets  that will, 'come in handy' . . . which it never does!

Well, today was the day that I decided to change some of that tardiness and use some of it for some cards.

I had no plan, just pick out some bits and pieces and try them together to see if they work or not.  Some did and some didn't, that's the way it goes, but here they all are anyway.

As they have all been made with just 'snippets' and card bases I am going to enter all of them for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 178 and 179

So, without further ado, here they all are, in no particular order.











I'd like to be able to tell you all how they came about and what supplies created them, but none of us can spare that amount of time . . . I'm sure ;)

As always, thank you all so very much for visiting today and for any comments.  I will apologise in advance for not being able to comment or post throughout June, but hopefully, you will return to my blog when I get back as you all know how much you mean to me!  Meanwhile happy crafting, have a good day, see you in July!  Hazel xx

21 comments:

  1. I love them all, but most especially the butterfly and brick die cut out. That is gorgeous! Catch up with you in July. Have a great June! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are so gorgeous!! I love the designs of each one!! The color on the first one is amazing!! You did such a fabulous job!! Have a safe and happy June!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are beautiful!
    Enjoy June...See you in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Hazel, these are awesome! I love everyone of them! Have a wonderful time during your month "off" from blogging and crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, these cards are smashing. I love the blue background one. It is so pretty. I love the die brick card...very nice. The bird one with the cut out and then the black dots on the bottom give the card so much movement. You are a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are are really lovely Hazel, I can't believe they are all just built from snippets, and with no plan?! You are really good at this snippet lark! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful effect Brusho! Such graze color, slightly marked, without of excess. Super. The remaining cards are equally beautiful! Hard worker last time you had :-)
    hugs,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Hazel. Well done for digging deep in your Snippets box. You have done a great job. Not sure which I like more.
    Enjoy June.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Hazel, these are amazing!!! You put those snippets and die cuts and UFO's from your box to work perfectly. I'm sure it didn't come together that easy, but you did it anyway and I'm happy for you! You go and enjoy yourself if you are going on holiday, which is what I'm assuming and I could be totally off the wall with that assumption! lol But no worries because we will all be right here when you return, waiting for the return of your fabulous cards. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful collection of cards. I hope you have a wonderful June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Di should give you a special prize for tackling that box and coming up with all these "off the cuff" outstanding designs, Hazel!!

    Have a marvelous month of June - I'm guessing African safari?? - and take care of yourself! We'll all be here when you return and we will miss you while you are away! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. hard to choose a favorite but the first one is gorgeous - love the black against that lovely watercolored insert!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your cards Hazel, they are just wonderful. Have a really nice time off my friend, hugs
    Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh - these are all absolutely fabulous Hazel! Well done on the snippets blitz. And here's to you having a wonderful month in June!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Hazel you have done a great job with all these snippets!!! Lovely dies and colours!!! Have to say the first one with the lovely blue is my fave, but they are all really beautiful!!!! You've been busy so shortly before your break, hey, and how nice to come back to a clean work area when you're back!!!
    Enjoy the break, hey!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done using all your 'snippets' and your right, I do have lots of die-cuts hanging around from playing with the dies when they first arrived!! I just love your first card, the blue background is so gorgeous, almost marbled. Will miss your posts for the next month. Hope your off on holiday or something as exciting and relaxing. You will have to tell us all about your adventures when you return. We will all be waiting to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! what a gorgeous set of cards. The brushos in the first one look amazing , Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow they are all fab! Love the brusho background & the pink butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the butterfly card the most. Have fun whilst away. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful variety of card designs and ideas.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hazel, You have not posted for a while. Hope everything is good with you and you are just on a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x