Saturday 16 May 2015

Scraps & Leftovers

Hi, my lovely blogging friends.  I'm afraid today's post is a bit lengthy as I have two cards for you and an explanation of how they came about, so if you have somewhere to be, I suggest you skip to the pictures or you might be late!   It all started because I thought I should have a 'tidy up' of all my bits and pieces laying around on my worktop.

You know, the die cuts that you cut with that brand new die and were too excited to see what it looked like that you couldn't wait to have a real plan in mind on how to use it.

The background pieces that you made trying out a new technique - or in my case - trying a very old technique that you had forgotten about, for those who missed it, you will find the post HERE.

Those scraps of card and paper that was left from when you finished a project and just couldn't bring yourself to throw them in the bin - the 'keep it, it may come in handy' bits and bobs - we all have them don't we?

Anywho, the first card uses some die cuts that I had cut out, a tag from a SU die set, an umbrella die and stamp set from WPlus9 and some scraps of patterned paper and card-stock.

First, I used a Dylusions stencil and some Cosmic Shimmer texture paste and did a little stencilling here and there and left that to dry.  Whilst it was drying, I adhered the umbrella and 'Love' die-cuts to the tag and stamped the sentiment and little hearts on the tag.  By then the card had dried and I was able to assemble it.

The whole thing was finished off with some scraps of patterned paper and card scraps and here is the result.

I was told by MaryH of Carolina Cards about a challenge that these cards would fit, Pixie's Snippets Playground so I would like to enter them there











In my second card today I used a piece of the 'marbled background', that I made and showed here on my blog a while ago now and some leaves and layered flowers die-cuts that I had cut out  extras from another project.  Here is that card.











I want to thank you for visiting today and for any comments and if you are still with me this far, I also want to thank you for tenacity!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend my friends!  Hazel xx

20 comments:

  1. Each one is a work of art! You have snippets on each, you should submit to the Snippets Playground! (http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/05/pixies-snippets-playground-week-175-and.html). Look in the sidebar for the current challenge. Each one has such texture, color & marvelous design detail. I really love the embossing paste. And you will know how I love that marbled background on #2. It shimmers beautifully, and works so pretty with all the die cuts. What a wonderful way to use up some snippets! Did you get the place cleaned up? I would have been distracted with the creation, and never gotten straightened away! TFS & Hugs (you really should give the Brusho-s a play. I kept mine for a couple months, intimidated. Then when I did remember where I had safely stored them, I was quite timid with sprinkling. But they are fascinating to watch the colors develop.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that marbled background on your second card is gorgeous - in fact the whole card is beautiful - i too love to do stuff with scraps - have a whole box of "card starters"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are top notch! I have a pile of bits and pieces on my desk too. It's always fun to see what we can do with them once we feel the "need" to clean up! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got heaps and heaps of scratches, left overs snippetsn try outs etc etc Hazel. Always planning to use them but never get to it. Love, love your cards both of them but the second one...
    OMGosh is that an awesome background or what ?! A master piece Hazel, but i must have missed your post on it. If you can you may always send me the link to it, would love to see it still.
    Great job my friend. Big hug,
    Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, we all have those die cuts laying around along with those snippets leftovers from other cards. You have made two beautiful cards Hazel! I love that large bread tag on card one. Your embossing paste looks great and of course the tag is pretty awesome as well. Love the shimmer and colors on your second card. Clever of you to use up some of your things lying around on your desk!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I've got the basket of bits too! The marbled panel is exquisite and has made a wonderful card - it would have been a shame for it to languish unused!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sparkly background and the tag on the first one!! The marbled background is amazing on the second!! You did such a fabulous job with both!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Craftsth!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Hazel...I totally understand, it is hard to be creative with pits and pieces scattered every where. But from the looks of both of your cards the clean up was very productive. I love your wonderful and creative background on your second card is so amazing...love the wonderful look you created with that beautiful flower and sweet sentiment. And your first card is as sweet as they come. Love that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Hazel, great use of snippets. I love your marbled panel, such pretty colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hazel, I hopped over to follow you and don't recall if I left a comment. If I didn't - you're so talented! AND of course you can play a day or two late in the Snippets Playground (I'm pretty relaxed as you heard!). Now - which swing would you care to try, or maybe the see-saw?! :) Wonderful work both on your post and previous posts (see, I do snoop!!)

    Mary H and Darnell are very treasured friends (although I'm closer to you in North Hants and maybe one day we'll meet up?!).

    Thank you so much for coming to play - sending you HUGE welcoming hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous pair of cards Hazel and how wonderful that they were made with bits and pieces left over from other cards. The first one is such fun and I love all the sparkle, and the second one is so elegant and stylish! You are very creative to make these with snippets!!!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, well down, love these both of the and yes have collection like these. And one of,cards today was made with aback ground down ages ago... Neglected not quite rejected etc :)
    Interested in the cosmic shimmer paste good idea to add it,looks great, I really must get into,it!!! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you were able to sneak these 2 fab creations into the Playground and get to meet some new friends. And meet Parsnip too! It's a lovely place, and these 2 snippety cards are just perfect as a ticket to get you in on the swings. Hugs (and thanks for the shoutout! Always love to enable my friends).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving both of these Hazel. Love what you have done with your bits n pieces.
    I tend to put these kind of bits in my tin called my Tin of Shame!!
    I hope you like the Snippets Playground.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards-both fabulous designs :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The marbled background is simply stunning!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Hazel!!! Two fantastic cards!!! What great use of those off cut bits and pieces!!!! The shiny bg on the first card is simply stunning and I love the cute umbrella and the other bits and pieces you've got there!!!! I keep on going back to have another look!!!! So beautiful!!!
    The marbled bg on the second is so striking and what a stunning flower and leaves!!! Both these cards are so pretty, Hazel - Love, love, LOVE it!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous cards using scraps!! I'm so impressed. I have a growing selection of bits, so this is great inspiration for what I can do with them when I get the time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are great! In the second card was captivated me marbled background. It is amazing and so beautiful pearl. I admire them for the wonderful beauty.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your cards are terrific but I really like that marbled background. Saw your cards at the playground. I'm your newest follower. Ta Ta For Now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x