Saturday 9 May 2015

House Of Cards May Challenge - Bokeh

Hello, I hope everyone's weekend has started off well.  This is my card for today.




 As you would have realised from the title of the post, it is for the House Of Cards May Challenge  which calls for Bokeh

First I used Altenew's 'Wood Plank' background stamp, with WOW 'White Pearl' embossing powder for some texture on my Bazzill 'Buttermint' card-stock.  I then added a mat of patterned paper cut with, Lawn Fawn, 'Stitched Rectangles'. Next I cut a  panel out of the bokeh piece I had made with distress inks and white pigment ink through a home-made stencil and splatters of gold, shimmer paint.

I finished it off with a strip of vellum that I had heat embossed a sentiment on from Clearly Besotted's 'Say It In Style' stamp set, popped the panel up on foam adhesive and added a few 'sprinkles' in matching colours to the bokeh panel - although the colours look different on the screen.

Here are the rest of the pictures.










As always, thank you so much for stopping by and for any comments you leave.  It is always appreciated and I do try to reciprocate where possible.  Have a lovely weekend my friends!  Hazel xx

9 comments:

  1. Hazel your card is amazing, I love the wood background and soft gentle colours. Just stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bokeh effect Hazel and this card is so pretty. There is something of interest on each layer!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful project. I love your interpretation of the bokeh technique too - looks fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Hazel. Love the soft colours. I have seen it a lot already but haven't tried it myself yet. Should try this bokeh technique one day. Enjoy the weekend my friend.
    Hugs
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hazel, you do this technique really well! I love, love, love this card! The colors, the embossing, the backgrounds, I just love it all! Sorry I'm behind in my commenting, between caring for Dwayne, my mother passed as well so there was some busy time getting all the funeral stuff arranged and all that comes with this chore. I'm not even going to try to catch up, but I have looked at all your cards and they have been such beautiful eye candy for me to see!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bokeh bg looks stunning, Hazel!! Such lovely, soft, ice cream colours!!!! The sentiment looks lovely on the vellum and the three enamel dots to complete the picture, is all that was needed to make a stunning card!!!
    Have a super week, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a gorgeous card! I LOVE the soft colors, fabulous layering, and use of vellum! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! This is too pretty! So well executed... Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at House of Cards. Graciellie Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love your framed bokeh effect background! Thank you for joining our Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x