Sunday 10 May 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #185 - Take Two

My card for today is my second card for the Freshly Made Sketches #185 - A Sketch by Cindy H  challenge, and here it is.



This is Cindy's sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/freshly-made-sketches-185-sketch-by.html

First, I dry embossed my card panel with  a wood-grain folder.  Next, I sponged my focal panel with some lilac ink in a 'slight' ombre effect.  Then I used Paper Smooches, Scripty Sayings to stamp my sentiment and added a small, layered flower and flourish to the corner.

I finished, by cutting two flags from different patterned papers and mounted the sponged panel on top of the banners and mounted the whole thing to my embossed panel.

Finally, I mounted that on to a black card base.  Here are the rest of the pictures.







As always, thank you so much for making my day with your visits and for all your comments, you are all appreciated more than you can know!  I hope you all are having a lovely weekend.  Hazel xx

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Hazel! Love the sponged panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Hazel. Beautiful in black & white. Love your card. Hugs,
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the ombre effect on your focal panel. It shows off that sentiment and sweet flower perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lilac ombre panel paired with the black and white! That flower and swirl are the perfect detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Hazel! I love the simple design and color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that cute little flower and the lovely flourish, Hazel!!! The soft purple is so lovely with the B&W and I love that wood grain bg!!! This is beautiful!!!!
    Have a great week!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous!! I love the texture of the background!! The purple is beautiful!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the ombre look you've created and the little bits of added texture. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Hazel! I love the simple CAS design, your take on the sketch and the soft ombre purple layer. The color combo is great and I love the texture-very cool card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x