Thursday 7 May 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #185

As my post title suggests, today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches #185 - A Sketch by Cindy H.  This is my card



. . . and this is Cindy's sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/freshly-made-sketches-185-sketch-by.html

First I used a Ranger stencil and some Dreamweaver pearlescent embossing paste to add a bit of subtle interest to the base card. Then I set about creating my little scene for my focal image.

I used a circle punch to create a mask for the sun and then sponged a selection of Distress Inks to create a sunset.  Next, I used Clearly Besotted's, 'Paired Up' stamp set to create my little scene.  I made two banners with patterned papers and mounted my focal piece on a black mat with a thin border to enable it to stand out against the background.

I mounted the banners on to the base card with thin, foam tape and then mounted the focal image over that with a double thickness of foam tape on the top portion and just some tape runner for the bottom portion as that was resting on the raised banners.

Here are the rest of the pictures.






 
I think I will keep this one to give to my DH in July for our 18th Anniversary!

As always, thank you so much for visiting and for any comments . . . you all make my day!  Have a good one!  Hazel xx

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Hazel, such a beautiful sunset. And i love the extra intrest you have added with the stencil. Have a nice day.
    Hugs
    veerle x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, so nice to meet you. This is one beautiful card - fabulous inking and I love the touch of embossing paste for interest on your cardbase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Hazel, awww how lovely to give it to your OH too, he will love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love the colors of the sunset!! The scene you've created is amazing!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card jumped out the most and is vibrant and just plain gorgeous, even the sketch planners was good, but yours was awe inspiring. Wonderful card. I have now attached you to receive emails from your web site, I am so excited and will be watching out for your next inventions... HAppy carding....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous scene you created, Hazel. I love the bold sky! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! Love the pearly background, blended ink beautifully, and cute image too, it's fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Hazel, this is brilliantly done!!!! Oh, I LOVE it and it's certainly a lovely card for your husband on your anniversary!!!!! I love the great embossed bg and your choice of paper for the banners is perfect!!! The two lovebirds are so cute and what a great idea to do the sunset scene!!! For sure another winner, my friend!!!!
    Have a great day!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card Hazel! :) Fabulous design and colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shading on your scene is beautiful. I love the sunset look. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x