Tuesday 19 May 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 177

Continuing my quest in trying to tidy up, I came across this digi stamp that I purchased months and months ago and practised my colouring technique on.  It's been floating around in my drawer ever since, but as it's such a large image I could never really work out what to do with it.  Well, I got fed up with it just sitting around doing nothing, so I decided that the only thing to do with it, was to make it the star of the show and just add it to the front of a base card with a simple sentiment.  That is what I did here.



As the strip of vellum was also languishing in my box of 'scraps' I decided it was just the thing for Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 177


http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/pixies-snippets-playground-week-177-and.html

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I bought the digi  stamp, but I used Prismacolour pencils and the sentiment was from Clearly Besotted's, 'Sugar & Spice' stamp set.  Here are the rest of the pictures.









As always, thank you so very much for taking the time to visit today and for all your sweet comments.  You really make my day!  Have a lovely Tuesday!  Hazel xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow Hazel! What fantastic colouring - and a beautiful card as a result. You were so right to let this fabulous image take centre stage! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! I love, love the beautiful image!! Her hair looks amazing!! You should hang this on the wall - it's a work of art!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fun digi card and beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel, I am loving your coloring!! I think this makes a beautiful card and I love that you only put a sentiment on it. Like you said, with an image this big you need to let it take center stage because the image and coloring deserves all the attention!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Hazel. Coloring hair and giving it highlights like you've done is something I really want to do and need to practice more! I'm glad you decided to use this instead of keeping it hidden away. And I think the simple vellum layer and sentiment is perfect - it complements the image so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she is soooooo beautiful, Hazel and your colouring is absolutely GREAT!!!! So clever to add the sentiment on the vellum and I love the white enamel dots!!! So different from what you usually do, but just as beautiful!!!! Lovely!!!!
    Have a fantastic day!!!!
    Hugz
    p.s. I'm still busy with lots of knitting, but I'm trying to get to everyone and not fall behind too far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great image and you have coloured it in so beautifully. Great use of the vellum. Love it!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x