Monday 11 May 2015

Another Challenge Fail . . . When Will I Learn?

This card was supposed to be for a brand new sketch challenge on the WPlus9 blog.  However, and this is where the "fail" comes in, when I made out my list of products used, I realised one very important thing was missing, nothing . . . but nothing, was from WPlus9!  Fail!!  I own loads of WPlus9 products and yet I had managed to make a card without a single WPlus9 product!  Duh!

Anywho, that wasn't going to stop me from posting it here anyway for you all to see.  So, without further ado . . . here it is!



I think that the problem was, when I saw the sketch, I immediately thought, 'MFT Blueprints 3' and didn't think beyond that!  This is the sketch that I followed.


As you can see, I even followed the colour scheme (which I didn't have to use) it was a choice whether we followed it or not.  Here are the rest of the photos and below will be the list of products used.







Supplies used:

Distress Ink - Spun Sugar
My favorite Things - Blueprints 3
Cuttlebug - Herringbone
Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Memory Box - Masa Leaf?

As promised from my earlier post of today, I even got away from the layered flowers and black leaves!  Thank you all for visiting, I really appreciate you and all your comments!   Have a lovely day.  Hazel xx

11 comments:

  1. What a fun post to read although I bet you didn't find it amusing when you discovered the fail...

    Anyway, it's a wonderful card, love the papers that you chose, the die cut leaves and sentiment ^_^ Hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful!! I love the design!! The soft pink is just gorgeous!! Fabulous texture, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Hazel LOL i've had silly mistakes like that aswell. Nevertheless your card is very beautiful. Hugs
    Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel. Pale pink and white on grey - a perfect combination! Love the design and the texture - a stunning card!
    Have a happy week - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty colour combo Hazel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hazel, this is a beautiful card! I had to laugh when you said that you didn't use any WPlus9 products, I think we tend to forget when we see a sketch and have the goodies to create that sketch, which by the way your take on this sketch is spot on! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry, Hazel! It's a beautiful card, you were just inspired to go another direction, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tee hee hee, may I dare say "practice makes perfect"!!!! This is so soft and pretty. Love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so elegant, love the choice of colors in every layer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Hazel, I couldn't help but smile at your 'fail' - having so much fun making a lovely card and then realizing you didn't stick to the rules - believe me, we all have 'fails' like that somewhere along the line, my friend!!! But your WPlus9 card that ended up as a MFT card, is beautiful!!! And you even used the colours - so soft and femine and lovely!!! Love the sequins with the slightly brighter colours!!!
    So glad you decided to share it anyway, as I love it!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous Hazel, loving the soft pink and grey too! I know what you mean about not getting challenges right lol.....if I had a pound for every card I have done wrong for a challenge..... ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x