Monday 11 May 2015

House Of Cards May Challenge - Bokeh - Take Two & Now Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - May - Die-Cuts

This is my second attempt at the House Of Cards - May Challenge - Bokeh  and as you can tell, they want to see bokeh, so here it is.  Since this post, Loll of Stamping With Loll suggested that I could also post it in the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - May - Die-Cuts
so, I am also entering it in that challenge too!

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.ca/2015/05/april-cas-winners-may-cas-reminder-1.html




As you can tell, at the moment I seem to be addicted to layered flowers and this card is no exception!  I didn't know if there was enough of the bokeh panel showing or not, but it's still bokeh . . . right?

Anywho, I dry embossed the base card with one of my favourite embossing folders, American Crafts, 'Woodgrain' and then set about creating my bokeh panel with soft blues and shimmery pearl - which you can't see from the pictures.

I then mounted the panel onto black cardstock a touch bigger to give it a small black border.  I then attached my layered flowers and leaves - black leaves are another latest addiction of mine - I promise I will break the mould soon!  You must all be getting a little tired with the same look every day!  Anyway, thank you all for sticking with it and for all your wonderful comments.  I appreciate you all!  Without further ado, here are the rest of the pictures.







Supplies used:

American Crafts - Shimelle Woodgrain embossing folder
My Favorite Things - Upsey Daisies
Creative Expressions - Quilled Leaves
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangles
Stampin' Up - Petal Potpouri


16 comments:

  1. So elegant and beautiful...love the soft blues paired with the black elements and that white textured frame ^_^ Also your bokeh background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning!! I love the bokeh look!! You did such an amazing job!! The flower and leaves are gorgeous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love this one Hazel. Love the soft delicate blue colour. And i really love that bokeh effect. I really should give it a go and try it too. Hugs,
    Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH so pretty! I LOVE the gorgeous texture and amazing color scheme! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Hazel. Love the soft bokeh background with the soft colour of the blossoms. The striking contrast with the black is amazing. Fabulous design. This would work for the HLS May CAS Challenge - Die-cuts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Hazel, keep them coming! Your style and ideas are fantastic! I love your bokeh and have been meaning to try it. The blues and blacks on your card are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hazel, this card is amazing! I love the bold statement this card makes, but yet has a soft side to it too. The flowers and leaves are just so pretty and your bokeh technique is perfect! Oh yes, this is a stunner for sure! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soft bokeh background is just beautiful, as are the other elements of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty, Love the layout and layering of the die cuts !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, wow, what a beauty. I love the colours. So bold but gorgeous. The bokeh panel is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and good luck with the DT call xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your soft bokeh background is a perfect backdrop for your stunning die cut flora! thanks for joining us this month at House of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect bokeh and perfect die-cutting equals a perfect card!! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful entry of the Bokeh effect! I just adore your use of black. Consider me a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bokeh effect and the color combination is perfect! WOW! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Michele, HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Absolutely love the colors and design!
    Thank you for joining our Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x