Wednesday 6 May 2015

Challenge Fail!

Today's card was supposed to be for the current Colour Me challenge that I have never tried for before and the colour was Crisp Cantaloupe, which I have, but . . . and this is where the "fail" comes in . . . it is supposed to be 'monochromatic', and what had I done?  Added gold, that's what!!

Anywho, I thought I'd share it with you all anyway.  This is my card.











I went for an ombre effect with the main focal image, which was made with my brand new, only received today, MFT stencil. 

Then I got a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock and heat embossed it with iridescent embossing powder and an MFT diagonal striped background stamp.  I mounted a strip of that down the left hand side of the card base, and then . . . went wrong from there.  I heat embossed the sentiment - a CC Designs sentiment - with gold sparkle embossing powder (which you can't tell in these pictures) and added a few gold sequins.

I then cut the panel smaller than the card base and a little wonky to add interest and adhered it to the card base with foam tape for dimension.

As always, thanks for making my day and stopping by and for any comments that you might make.  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear Hazel, so sorry for your mix up. If you had embossed the word friends in white it would have been okay. But it is gorgeous though and the gold looks fab with it ;-)
    Hugs Veerle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the ombre effect!! The gold sentiment is fabulous!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, hazel. Gold is so popular now it should be considered a neutral, don't you think? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking that I agree with Toni, that gold is a neutral. A girl can't have too much gold or even diamonds. It made me sad to see that you called your card a fail, because I think it is just lovely, and I am glad that you used gold, because it was just perfect for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just beautiful, Hazel and I love the gold sentiment!!!! And yeah for using a new MFT stencil - lovely!!! Love that wonky cut on the side - adds lovely interest!!! This card is definetally not a 'fail' in my books!!! I think you did a great job with it!!!!
    Have a lovely day!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. Been there, done that. My brain loses things on the way from my PC to my laundry/craft room;) This is one cool card anyway. And much better with the touches of gold to match the style of your image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x