Friday 15 May 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #186 & Happy Little Stampers CAS May Challenge

Another card for more than one challenge today, Freshly Made Sketches #186  and the Happy Little Stampers CAS May Challenge  This is the card.



And here are the challenges

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/freshly-made-sketches-186-sketch-by-jen.html

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.ca/2015/05/hls-may-cas-challenge-dt-call.html

First I made my plain white card blank and cut a panel smaller out of white linen card-stock and cut a strip of patterned paper from the Avery Elle, 'Every Day Collection' and also punched out a circle from it.  Next, I punched a smaller circle from white card-stock, die-cut a quatrefoil border strip - sorry, I can't remember who it is by - and mounted it on to the linen panel on the diagonal.

Next, I mounted the smaller circle on to the larger patterned circle, off centre, then mounted that on top of the border strip.  Then I stamped the sentiment banner with the Clearly Besotted, 'Mini Basic Banner' and cut it out with the matching die and mounted it on foam tape to the front of the circle.

I finished the whole thing off with a part of the 'La La Land' 'Berry Flourish' die cut (the whole thing would have been too big), I only wanted to accent my focal piece and not overpower it and added a few black gems for balance.

Then I mounted the whole panel on to the base card, with some craft foam.  Here are the rest of the pictures.







As always, you all really make my day with your visits and sweet comments.  Thank you so much!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

11 comments:

  1. So Clean and Fresh! Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colour combo Hazel ... love the black and white with yellow ... so fun! And love the addition of gingham --- adorable. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the sketch, love how you've combined the different elements so beautifully. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are making some amazing cards Hazel! I love this one, that yellow gingham paper is fabulous. I love that quatrefoil border strip and I love your banner and berry flourish die. Just a beautiful CAS card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Hazel!! I love how you've combined the different elements into one stunning card!! This is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Hazel. Love that colour combo, the black, the yellow and the white, nice.
    Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel,this card is so beautiful!! I love everything about it!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww... Hazel this is just darling! Love that yellow/black combo, your eye for detail, and embellies placement - I never know where to put those darling sequins!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So pretty,, Hazel. I love how you did the tone-on-tone lattice piece and the yellow gingham and black is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one amongst the winners and it surely deserves to be there, Hazel - congrats!!!!! I love that yellow gingham!!! And the die cut strip is so lovely!!! The leaves are so beautiful and you have really put together everything in a lovely way!!! Love it, Hazel!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x