Thursday 5 March 2015

FMS Challenge #176 - A Sketch By Cindy H

I know I have been a little remiss of late with my blogging, but I had to do quite a bit of running around when I got back . . . you know how it goes . . . go away for two days, come back, and have enough jobs to fill two weeks?!!  How does that work, eh?

Anywho, I start a new online course tomorrow, so I will be posting my results from each class - providing I can keep up of course - this all means that the challenges will probably take a back seat for a week until the course ends.  So, I wanted to get one up before that happens and this one is for the Freshly Made Sketches #176 Challenge - A sketch by Cindy H

Here is the sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/freshly-made-sketches-176-sketch-by.html
This is my card.








You can't see it in the photos, but the scalloped border has a stitched edge.  All supplies are listed below.  Thank you so much for popping by today and for any comments you leave, they are always truly appreciated and I do reciprocate wherever possible.  Have a great day!  Hazel xx

Supplies used:

S.U. - DSP
Clearly Besotted - 'It's Your Birthday' and 'Happy Birthday' stamp sets
Hero Arts Shadow Inks - 'Soft Cantaloupe' and 'Soft Olive' and Versamark - 'Onyx Black'
Lawn Fawn - 'Stitched Scallop Border' die

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the design!! How creative to put a hat on the sentiment!! So fun!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know what it is like to go away and then come home to a million and one things to do. lol It's crazy how that works. I love that sketch and I love, love your card Hazel! That birthday stamp is amazing, love the polka dots on the "birthday". lol Love the scallop border too and that amazing SU paper. That tiny b-day hat it just to cute. Enjoy your classes Hazel!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love the colors and that little hat perched on the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always did like the patterned paper that you've used. The pattern is cool and the colors are so bold they can't help but make a terrific card! And I love that the sentiment is "wearing" a little party hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the strip of patterned paper you have used, Hazel!!!! This card has such a lovely happy feel to it!!! The little party hat is so clever and I love the look of the sentiment!!! The cute bow and the perfectly placed enamel dots finishe this off to be another beautiful card from you, Hazel!!! Lovely, friend!!!
    Have a lovely Friday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic take on the sketch Hazel. You have knocked it out of the park with this one~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card... great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I love your choice of DSP you've used here and all of those black accents! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, your card is just brilliant, I love the little hat over the sentiment.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x