Thursday 19 March 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 3 - Basic Shapes

Yesterday, was 'basic shapes' and I didn't have the right cutting pads to try Carissa's technique or the time to do Jennifer's, so I did Karolyn's technique of highlighting your scene by embossing a frame around it with your dies.

This is my 'homework'.












I enjoyed this one - even if I did mess up the first attempt by sponging my clouds upside down :0   All supplies used are listed below.

Supplies used:

Inks - Distress Inks in, 'Mowed Lawn' & 'Broken China'.  Versafine, 'Black Onyx' & Ranger Dye Ink, 'Carribean Coast'
Dies -  SSS, 'Stitched Squares'
Stamps - SSS, 'Let's Go Fly A Kite' (I had to get this stamp set, because I'd lost the kite from the Mama Elephant set!!)  Mama Elephant, 'So Breezy' & Waffle Flower, 'Perfect In Every Way'

As always, thanks for stopping by today and for any comments you leave.  I truly am grateful and will reciprocate whenever possible.  Have a great day.  hazel xx

15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the frame around the image!! The way you have the kite flying outside is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* This couldn't be more perfect, Hazel!! The sweet scene that you created is absolutely adorable - clearly you NAILED that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked such a perfect stamp for this technique! Such a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clouds and entire scene! Amazing job with the technique, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step to the head of the class, young lady! This is absolute perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Hazel you have used the perfect stamp for this technique!!!! The clouds look great the right way up (LOL!!) and your sponging is brilliant!!! The stitched detail on the frame is sooooo lovely!!! You really did a great job using this technique, Hazel!!! I love your card!!!
    Have a great day and have fun playing with your dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally in love with this card and this technique. Yours came out so beautiful Hazel. I haven't tried this one yet. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this card! And I have the ME set! What a cool technique! I have to pin this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card... love the little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect scene of that perfect day! I love those clouds...oh what am I saying, I love this whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is perfect, Hazel! I love every aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. Shadow kids are some of my favorite stamps. You've used it in a wonderful way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card here is FABulous! The inking looks great & I really like the silhouette of the boy and kite! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x