Sunday 22 March 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 6 - Border Dies

Hi all you lovely people.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  Yesterday's lesson was all about using your border dies in different ways.  I loved the look of the card that Laura did by using a border die to create a stencil and then using the stencil to create a geometric pattern for a striking background.

This is what I came up with.  I just adored doing this and will probably do a series of them to give as a set . . . the great thing is, every single one can be very different - but similar - you know what I mean, don't you?

Here it is











Supplies used:

Paper Smooches - Border Dies 1
Unknown - Sentiment Die
Ranger - Glossy Accents (for 'dew drops')
Distress Inks - Various Colours

Thank you for stopping by and come back again to see the card I have managed to squeeze in for the FMS challenge this week, see you later.  Hazel xx

12 comments:

  1. love all the colors you chose Hazel - and such a nice gift someone will receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I absolutely love this card! The colors are fantastic and this technique is swoon worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't so many of the best techniques brilliantly simple and simply brilliant! FAB makes - GORGEOUS colours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty--love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-ee, this is spectacular!! Absolutely love it, the colours are gorgeous. You must have a wonderful collection of ink pads you lucky thing. Must try this out but won't look as good as this I imagine. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... such an amazing design Hazel. Love the bright and vibrant colours. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing Hazel. Not sure how I miss this one, but I'm glad I saw it this go around. You did as well as the lady in the video Hazel, and I simply adore this card. I think it would be great to make a set of them, I love that they would be different but yet the same. You learned a lot from the classes Hazel, good for you! Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one! I agree that several of these would make a great card set. Need to keep that in mind. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card - the colors are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, your color-layers look wonderfull.
    In the first moment (mini-pic in the OCC-gallery) I thought there were layers of vellum overlaying. But there is no vellum - and the effect is still awesome!
    Congrats for your Wrap-up-gallery-mention!
    Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fabulous!! I did a tutorial similar to this [before I saw your's]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x