Sunday 8 March 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #113

Hi my lovely readers!  I have to start this post with yet another apology!  This time it's to say, sorry, I mislead you in the last post . . . my course didn't start then . . . it starts on the 16th March, so, another week yet!

I think it's because I'm so excited about taking it that it was wishful thinking on my part . . . or, to face facts . . . my age!  ;)

Anywho, today's offering is for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #113 and this is the sketch

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/case-this-sketch-113.html

And this is my card









First I used my PTI embossing plate to emboss the card front, then I ran a piece of card through my cutting machine using one of the stitched rectangle dies from Lawn Fawn.

Next, I stamped the flower using Clearly Besotted 'Flowers & Flourishes' with Clearsnap Colorbox pigment inks and the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black. and mounted this panel to the center of the card base, using fun foam (Jennifer McGuire's genius idea)

I finished off by punching out three little flowers from some coordinating cardstock and sponged the edges and put a little gem in each flower center and mounted those to the side of the stamped panel.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to visit my little blog and for any comments you leave, they are all greatly appreciated and I do reciprocate where possible.

Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

16 comments:

  1. Oh that sentiment is going in my "use later" file, Hazel!!! Just the sweetest, most adorable little purple bloom! Thanks so much playing along at CTS!!
    =] Michele + more hugs for you and your mum =] OOXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous and brilliant CAS card Hazel.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I love the pretty flowers!! The texture of the background paper is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Hazel!

    Thanks for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch, Hazel! I LOVE the purples! Thanks for linking this up to CASE this Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same memory problem to Hazel. lol I wish I could blame it on age, but I'm not that old but getting there. lol I love, love, love your card! Great take on the sketch! That flower stamp is awesome, love your colors and love those little flowers you inked and gave a gem too. Just a cute card for any occasion! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the exact same thing on my post, Hazel! I said the class was starting next week and realized later that I was ahead of myself by a week. Geez, time is whooshing by fast enough w/o us skipping a week, huh?! Your card for the CTS sketch is spot.on.perfect. and oh, so lovely for springtime dreaming!! See you in class! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful use of the sketch and the stamped flower is beautiful! The die cut flowers are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that purple looks so dramatic against the white! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I love the great texture of the EF you used, Hazel!!! - it creates the perfect bg for your beautiful flower!!!!! I love the purple and green you worked with and the three little flowers are so clever and pretty!!!! Beautiful take on the sketch, Hazel!!!! Love it!!
    Have a great Tuesday!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your card is wonderful, Hazel! I love the purple and those three sweet little flowers on the side. Anyone would be so pleased to receive this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely take on the sketch... the sweet little flowers are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bright & beautiful, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous Hazel,I always love seeing that PTI embossing and the flower is fabulous too, love it all ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pop of purple is just delicious. Wonderful card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x