Tuesday 17 March 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 1 - Word Dies

Yesterday saw the first day of the new course I am on and this is my homework for the first day.








For this assignment I chose to try the technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire, which was, to shrink a fun foam sentiment. 

Well, it is not as simple as it sounds . . . I had so much trouble I only had time to try the one technique, there were three in total!

As you can see from the pictures, even this one warped, but it wasn't as bad as the others and I didn't want to get too far behind . . . and I thought, well, it will just add a little quirkiness to the finished card.

I used WPlus9's, 'Whole Lotta Happy' stamps and dies and the birthday sentiment was from a Clearly Besotted set.

Well, sorry this is rushed, but I now have to go and take my 89 year old mother for a chest X-Ray, and I still haven't had time to check out today's lesson.

As always, thank you for stopping by and for any comments you leave.  I appreciate them all, and will reciprocate . . . when I have time ;)  Have a lovely day/evening.  Hazel xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh, good heaven's, Hazel, you are too critical! I think you ROCKED that first lesson!! I only got the card front done with the background words on my first lesson and I made the front too wide to do the lovely side panel, so you would not recognize it as being from the class at all! Oh well, we'll get 'er done!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! Love the background of white word die cuts, the balloons provide some fun color and the strips on the side make it look very classy! Can't wait to see your other homework!
    Hope your Mum is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so awesome!! I love the white words on the background and then the pop of color with the balloons!! You did a fabulous job with this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Darnell and think you rocked this technique Hazel. I have my things all ready to go to do this same technique sitting in my little dish. It's been busy here as I too am running and doing for my MIL as you are doing things for your mother. I am enjoying the classes very much. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, your card is wonderful, don't be too hard on yourself. The coloured ballons are brilliant.
    Hope all went well at the hospital.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, I am so looking forward to see what you create while on this course!!! And your first card is lovely!!!! You are definitely too critical on yourself - you did a great job with the technique!!! And I love your happy balloons and the strips at the side really look great!!! A lovely card, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sucker for balloons and your card really caught my eye! Really cute. Love and cherish your mother, you're lucky to still have her in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that it was a struggle, it sounds difficult to me! Your card came out fabulous anyway! I hope your mom's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fabulous! I just bought some fun foam yesterday to try this technique. I also want to tell you thank you for the sweet comments on my blog--it really means a lot & made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x