Friday 20 March 2015

Stretch Your Dies - Day 4 - Mini Dies

Yesterday was day four of the Stretch Your Dies online course and it was about mini dies.  I chose to use Carissa's technique of using mini dies to add interest to a patterned background.  I chose the mini hearts dies from Simon Says Stamp and some patterned papers from Stampin' Up.

Basically, you just position your mini dies wherever you wish the cutouts to be and run it through your cutting machine.  I used some of the little die cuts for even more added depth to the design.

It's a little 'busy', but I think it kind of works?  Here is the finished card.  I have shown a number of detail shots, so that you can see the cutouts better.
















As always, thanks for stopping by and for any comments you leave, they are all truly appreciated.  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

9 comments:

  1. Good for you Hazel at keeping up with all your homework. I've done day one so far, so now I am hoping to move onto day 2's homework. I love how you did day 4's homework, I thought this was such a cute idea to use your mini dies for. I love the way your card turned out, such a cute anniversary card. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card this is!! I love the hearts!! Fabulous technique!! Love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cool windows with hearts. Great, modern card.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are loving this Class and your projects have been amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Those hearts and arrows are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE cards with a busy look, Hazel and this one is so fabulous!!! Love your patterned papers and the cute die-cut hearts really give a lovely look to it!!!! Love how you've done the sentiment!!! Have to say this again: I LOVE this card, Hazel!!!! Your busy look works beautifully!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this idea of using mini-dies to help create a background design. It just makes the card so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card totally works! I like the papers you chose. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x