Thursday 26 March 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - March - Sponging

Well, this month has been quite hectic and has gone past so quickly that I didn't think I'd get a chance to do this challenge, but I have!!  Happy dance from a happy stamper, get it . . . oh, please yourselves ;)  This is for the HLS #4 Challenge which is 'Sponging'

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.ca/2015/03/hls-march-cas-challenge.html

And as I used a stamp set that only arrived yesterday, I am also going to enter it in Darnell's NBUS # 4 Challenge  which for those of you who are completely new to blogland, is Darnell's own acronym, meaning, 'Never Before Used Schtuff'

http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/03/nbus-challenge-4-here-we-go.html

Now, those of you who read this blog will know that last week I took an online card class and I made a card using one of the techniques from class using a homemade stencil and some sponging - ideal for the HLS challenge - so today I made another - I may make up a set of these as they would be suitable for any occasion with the right sentiment.

Anywho, I will waste no more of your valuable time and show you the card.  I will list the supplies used below.









 


Supplies used:

Selection of 'Distress Inks'
SSS - 'Curved Border Die'
Lawn fawn - 'Scripty Sayings' stamp set
? Woodgrain embossing folder (sorry, no label)

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit today and for any comments you leave, you are all appreciated more than you know.  have a great day.  Hazel xx

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and love the layers of colors! I wish I had more hours in the day to complete all of the cards in class, but in the meantime it's great to see others...fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! Wow!! I love the colors!! They look amazing!! Absolutely beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sponging! I love the vibrant panel paired with the white embossed background and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing, Hazel. I am waiting for some new inks in the mail, and when they arrive I plan to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are amazing :) Beautiful design too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours on this beautiful card Hazel!! So glad you had time to play along at HLS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved last weeks colorful card and now I'm in love with this one! Those warm shades are so wonderful! Looks like hills in a sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your class has helped you make an amazing card...great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did good! :) I need to take that class! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous background... the inking is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another sponging masterpiece, Hazel! And now that I can sponge hills, I can even add this to my to-DJKASE list! I love the warm sunset colors! It's a stunning card! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sponged hills, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x