Sunday 19 October 2014

Make The Day Special - Try A Technique

Over at one of my favourite UK stores, I discovered that they have a blog and run challenges . . Yay!  This one was the 'Make The Day Special - Try A  Technique' challenge.

Well, I just had to give this one a try.  I had seen someone on You Tube use a double embossing technique - by using an embossing folder and a die at the same time - I had really admired it at the time, but never had the courage to give it a go. So, when I found this challenge it was just the kick up the rump I needed to give it a go!

What you do is this, after putting your base plate and a cutting plate on to the bed of your machine

1. Open your embossing folder of choice
2. Get a 'solid' die (one that has no hole in the middle, that was my first mistake)
3. Use repositionable glue to keep your die face up on the open embossing folder (my second mistake)
4. Place cardstock on top of the die and open folder
5. Place your rubber embossing mat on top of that
6. Put on a second cutting plate and run through your cutting machine (I used my Cuttlebug, but any of them will work)

My first attempt was rubbish, but I was fairly pleased with my second attempt.  I think when I do it again, I will use a piece of cardstock as a shim, because I would like the impression a little deeper, but I think that that is a case of trial and error.





Any questions, leave them below and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Supplies used:

Stampin' Up - Embossing Folder & Night Of Navy ink
Simon Says Stamp - Snowflake die
Spellbinders - Standard Ovals
Penny Black - 'Season's Wishes' stamp set
Versacraft - 'Cool Grey' pigment ink
Marvy - Le Plume II, 'Leaf Green & 'Persimmon'

Thanks for visiting today and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x