Monday 27 October 2014

Less Is More - Newsprint

Today I decided, is the time to do my favourite challenge of all . . . the Less Is More challenge and this time the brief was, 'Newsprint'

I thought it would be an ideal time to try out some new purchases I made recently - all supplies will be listed below - I've been dying to try some of these!

First, I die cut the leaves of the tree out of the top panel, then I die cut them again out of 'newsprint' paper.  I then mounted the top panel on foam tape and then stuck all the leaves down through the holes on to the card base - in retrospect, I realised that nobody would probably notice and I could have just stuck the whole piece of 'newsprint' paper behind the leaves - but I always end up doing things the hard way!

Finally, I cut three layers of card stock for the tree trunk and stuck them one on top of the other, and stuck it down on the front of the card.  Then, I cut a banner and stamped the greeting and mounted it on the card with foam tape in the middle and glue dots on each end, to curve the banner and give it dimension.

If I did it again, I would just stick the whole piece of pattern paper behind the die cut!

Here is the finished card





Supplies used:

Dies - My Favorite Things 'Out On A Limb' & Clearly Besotted 'Basic Banners'
Stamps - Clearly Besotted 'Basic Banners'
Ink - Versafine 'Vintage Sepia'
Pattern Paper - Printed on my printer
Card Stock - Stampin' Up 'Natural'

Thanks for visiting and I appreciate all your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x