Wednesday 3 May 2017

CAS Mix Up Challenge - Splattering


Hello lovely crafters and friends!  Today, my card is for the CAS Mix Up Challenge and their challenge this month is 'Splattering'.


This is my card and I will explain the techniques and products used, below.






First, I took a plain white panel the same size as my card base and gave it the 'faux wood' treatment.  I scored some lines for the 'planks' then I dragged some distress inks down the front to represent the 'grain'.  Then I splattered it with some water, to make it look even more worn and weathered.  I let it dry and then adhered it to my card base.

Next, I stamped my image with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Platinum embossing powder.  I coloured the flowers by sponge blending and fussy cut it out.

Next. I took a plain white panel and cut it at an angle and edged it with black card-stock and adhered that to the wood panel.  I then mounted my image with foam tape for dimension.  Stamped the sentiment in black and added some dots of enamel accents in black to tie it all in.  A lick of Stella to the flower and called it done!

So, techniques are, stamping, distressing, water splattering, heat embossing and ink blending.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


17 comments:

  1. WOW ... gorgeous card Hazel!! LOVE that woodgrain background with the water splatters. It looks so real! And your flower spray is so pretty with the blended colours. The black edging to your tilted panel really adds some drama and elegance. Beautiful design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness Hazel I love this card it is so beautiful. Love your wood panneling.
    Great job my friend. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love your flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is amazing, Hazel!! The "wood" looks stunning!! You did a perfect job with it!! And wow!! The flowers are gorgeous!! Love, love this, my friend!! So spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally gorgeous Hazel and I love the way you have blended the inks on the the flower and foliage so prettily. The woodgrain is so realistic and the black edged and angled layer with your flower laid at the corner works beautifully. A great sentiment and the black dots tie in perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful background, Hazel! And I love the shaped top panel with the thin layer framing it! A beautiful flower too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely is a WOW card Hazel. The woodgrain is fantastic, and that bloom is beautifully colored. Your design is a knock out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is SOOOO beautiful, hazel. I love the faux wood as a backdrop to your pretty flowers. The sentiment is perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a Beautiful card ! I took the bg as pp but you created the woodgrain effect wow..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've created the faux wood effect and the angled cardstock really adds to a beautiful card. Hope you have a fantastic week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this card is stunning! Love how your woodgrain background came out and the flower is so pretty the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful harmony in your card. Great job on the woodgrain background and I adore the gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this on Facebook, and it's just awesome. Love the faux wood and that flower is just gorgeous! Also love the way you've done the angle design treatment. Have a great weekend. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! I love everything about it ... great take on the splatters!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the colour combination of that fabulous flower. All set off beautifully with the wood grain and the pop of black x Stand out card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicate colours and with such beauty, that arrangement of flowers is so stunning. The woodgrain adds a wonderful touch of texture to the whole design. Have a wonderful weekend? Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Hazel! I love that bloom...and your inking on it is perfect! I also love the embossed edges of the flower...I need to remember to do that more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x