Friday 5 May 2017

A Two Challenge Card


Today lovely people, I have a card for two of my favourite challenges!  Freshly Made Sketches and this is the lovely sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/freshly-made-sketches-286.html
As you will see, I turned the sketch on it's head . . . more of that later.  The other challenge is CAS Mix Up where they want to see, stamping, splattering and 'your choice', again, . . . more of that later!

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/cas-mix-up-may-challenge.html

Here is my card . . . explanations below!





First, I took a panel of white card-stock the same size as my base card and partially die-cut the top with a (very old) die from supplies.  Then I stamped a flower arrangement in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using platinum embossing powder by WOW.  Then, I water-coloured the flowers using my Inktense pencils and a water brush.  Next, I splattered it with some red paint on a paintbrush.

When the panel was dry I attached a piece of vellum longer than needed for the card front and folded over the excess and attached that to another panel the same size as a card front, so I had a see-through bit.  Next, I adhered a sheet of patterned paper to another panel and sandwiched the whole thing together, so you could see the patterned paper through the vellum, lost yet? . .  I am! 😜

To finish, I added a strip of patterned paper that was actually a strip of scrap card-stock covered with some washi, and a stamped sentiment that I mounted with foam tape, adhered a few sequins in matching colours and, of course, the obligatory, lick of Stella on the flowers and vellum panel!  Phew!

I do hope that all made a modicum of sense, any questions, don't ask me, ask Jennifer McGuire, who came up with the design some months ago, that I remembered (kind of). 😉

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


19 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and perfect for these two challenges Hazel. I love the idea of the vellum with the patterned paper underneath, and the pretty die cut over the top with the lovely watercoloured flowers works well, and great finishing touches. I find Jennifer McGuire an endless source of inspiration too.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card Hazel, I love all the spatters and the layers of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the vellum over patterned paper!! The flowers look amazing!! Beautiful colors and design!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's makes absolutely perfect sense to me Hazel! It looks lovely with the vellum on the top and I love the bit of splatter too, which just adds to the whole design. Jennifer M may have come up with the idea, but you have made it your own. Lovely job! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love those flowers.....and the spatter :). Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours you've used and the vellum is perfect. Love your colouring with the pencils Hazel. Great splattering too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you can see the patterned paper through the vellum Hazel.
    Ace card. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique and beautiful design Hazel. Love the vellum layer over the patterned paper ... gives it a soft and delicate look. Great colouring with pencils ... something I struggle with. :) Perfect finishes touches with the washi tape, sentiment banner and splatters! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was complicated but looks gorgeous! Well worth the effort! I love those gorgeous flowers and the different shapes on the vellum! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your splattering and your beautifully colored flowers. How clever and lovely your folded vellum turned out, Hazel. TFS my friend...and thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the sketch. Love the gold embossing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely take on the sketch, Hazel. This turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! Love those flowers! They are coloured so beautifully! The folded vellum and paint splattering looks amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another awesome design, and love all the unique details you've done with the top edging treatment and the softness of the vellum look. Glad to see you 'styling' again! Never saw such elegant spattering either! TFS & Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! I love everything!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card looks stunning with the vellum, the partial die cut, the pretty flowers, etc! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this card design. It's so fun and creative. I think I may have to give it a try. Thanks for all the details on how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty gold embossed florals - love the die cut top, the vellum and pretty splattering! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x