Friday 18 March 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #228


Hi all you lovely peeps, how are you all today, I hope you are having a good one?  Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches #228 - A Sketch by Kim  and this is her great sketch.

As soon as I saw it, I thought, 'I need to use a nice, big bloom there in that corner' and that was as far as it got until today . . . you all know how it is, you get caught up in 'things', and then, that's it . . . forgotten, until today!

Anywho, the first thing I did was to get out another piece of my background stash - it was only about four inches wide, so I cut it in half lengthwise and adhered the two halves down each side of a white card base and then I cut a panel, smaller than the card front to use as my focal piece, but when I held it against the side strips on my card base I felt it needed something to break it up a bit - hence the orange strips.

Next, I got out my Penny Black 'Patina' stencil (I first used a big bloom stamp, but it wasn't big enough), so I sponged some Hero Arts orange dye ink through   the stencil, fading off a bit towards the middle, so it had a little dimension and then I adhered it to the front of the card with fun foam.

Finally, I used a Happy Little Stampers sentiment from the 'Mix Mash' set that only arrived today (very quickly from Australia to the UK I must say!!) on to a piece of matching, orange card-stock and embossed with white embossing powder.  I then, fussy cut around it and left a thin strip as a kind of 'grounding' for the sentiment, but on reflection, I wish I had only had the strip on the right and not carried it straight across to both borders . . . what do you all think?

Here is my card.





As the card sentiment says, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful upcoming weekend!  Hazel xx

17 comments:

  1. Wow what a fab zingy coloured looking card Hazel, love it. Hmm not sure about the sentiment bit.I think I would have just left the line off it.....but now I see what you did I quite like it!I agree it does 'ground' it. Love how you did the flower bit too....so clever. Enjoy your weekend ;)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, I love the colours and think the strip looks fine right across. Well done using goodies that only arrived today. That was certainly very quick. Mine usually seem to stay hidden away for a couple of weeks although I can't wait for them to arrive. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of the stencil for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that beautifully stencilled flower, Hazel!!! The orange is beautiful and the strips you added are perfect!!!! And the sentiment ...I think I do agree with you on having the strip go to the right side only and not across, but it still looks great as it is!!!!! This is such a striking and eye-catching card!!!! Beautiful, my friend!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours you have used as well as the blending. Looks so soft I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love it Hazel.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the big, beautiful bloom!! The colors are fabulous!! Wow!! Love this my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Great stenciling of that beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful card Hazel! I love that big stenciled blossom and your background paper on each side of the card base. The orange strips is lovely too, and help give that pop. I think though, I would have liked it better without the sentiment strip and just the sentiment on the card, although it is still a gorgeous card my friend. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card as is, but I think I would like to see it without the orange strip extending all the way to the left. It might add a bit more elegance. You've done a great job, though, as usual. I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your ideas on the sentiment strip ladies, it seems people are divided, but the consensus seems to be, as I thought, that I should have left it off. Thank you all for your constructive comments! Have a lovely weekend my friends! Hazel xx
      My Card Attic

      Delete
  11. Hazel...what an amazing card. I love all that gorgeous orange and that big bloom, simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juicy..the colors remind me of oranges :D !! Jokes apart I loved the card and sentiment on colored cardstock ,I never tried it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this big, beautiful bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun burst of color - I'm definitely going to need to get that stencil! Thank you for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards is adorable and the flower stamp is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The way you stenciled the flower is so pretty and this is a really wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x