Sunday 13 March 2016

Using Premade Backgrounds & CAS Mix Up Challenge


This weekend I decided to do something with the backgrounds that I have in my stash.  These are the backgrounds that have accumulated by practising various techniques and then storing them in a drawer!  This one I had made by sponging a selection of DI on to a piece of card-stock and then stamping and stencilling with white pigment ink  for a Bokeh background.

As it has, watercolour (DI), stamping & a third element (stencilling), I decided to link it up to Loll & Bonnie's CAS Mix Up March challenge

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/cas-mix-up-march-challenge.html

I cut the panel with a 'postage stamp' rectangle die a bit smaller than a standard card front, adhered it to the front of a white card base, added a die-cut sentiment and another stamped one, and finished it off with some sequins and a couple of Glossy Accent 'Dew Drops' and called it done.  I really am unsure as to whether it constitutes CAS, or if it is too 'busy' a background?   This is it.





I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great week upcoming!  Thanks for stopping by.  Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. Hazel I absolutely LOVE it. Wonderful colours and the bokeh technique looks gorgeous. Also I really like the postage stamp die. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is one of my favorite cards of yours, Hazel!! The background looks amazing!! You need to do a tutorial!! The colors are fabulous!! I love, love this my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Bokeh background! The postage stamp edging really sets it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those colors with the bokeh look - i think it certainly is CAS - wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel. Love your colors and the big bokeh dots! They look very festive like balloons! The whole card says happy! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful backgrond Hazel. I'm so happy you pulled it out and created this gorgeous card to share with us at CAS Mix Up! Your designs always inspire me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely Background with pretty colors !Loved the card a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! So glad you found it in your drawer and decided to use it. I love the Bokeh effect! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Hazel and I love the subtle touch of the few sequins.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great background! I have lots laying around here but always forget to use them! Should challenge myself to use one per month at least. It would be a start...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh to be organised enough to have a background stash...
    It's on my list, just STILL tidying and sorting through a house full of stuff. (I'm in full on declutter mode)!
    Great card, Hazel. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the colour mix and that boken background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I say my friend, it's just stunning Hazel!!that pretty edge die....the bokeh...inspired!You do make such beautiful cards ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful bokeh, spied this beauty in the cas mix up gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x