Monday 28 March 2016

Welcome Baby Max


Today's card was made for an important little man . . . baby Max, whom my sweet, darling Step Daughter gave birth to at 03:23 BST and was a healthy, 8lb 1oz  . . . unfortunately they live over two hundred miles  away, so it will be a little while before we meet him, but we will receive plenty of photos and minute by minute updates!

I kept the card CAS and used an adorable stamp and die set that I bought in honour of the occasion.  It is Stampin' Up's 'Made With Love' . . . so apt!

I stamped the little baby-grow  on to patterned paper and cut it out with the matching die.  I stamped the sentiment on the front of the baby-grow.   Then I ran around the edges and filled in the letters with a yellow, glitter gel pen. I then embossed a white card front with a linen EP and adhered some plain twine across the front - for a washing line - added two mini clothes pegs to the die cut and adhered it down firmly to the front of the card (first, clipping it to the twine).

I made it in yellow and grey, because it was made in advance, ready to send when the baby made it's appearance and nobody knew the sex (the parents didn't want to know, they wanted it to be a surprise) and I wanted to get it into the post immediately the baby was born!

So, here are the rest of the pictures.






As you can see, I sponged lightly through the negative of the die cut (not very smoothly I'm afraid) stamped the sentiment and then ran around the outside edge of the sponged image with a fine liner. 

I hope you are all having a marvellous Easter weekend!  Until the next time, happy crafting!  Hazel xx

19 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS GRANNY! darling card for your darling new member of the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your family on the exciting arrival of Max! :) This is such an adorable card Hazel. I can tell that it was made with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new, precious addition to your family, Hazel!! I hope you share a picture of the little sweetie with us!! What a beautiful card!! I love the sparkle you added to the words and the linen embossing (I need to get that folder!!) This is so beautiful my friend!! Congrats again!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the sweetest little family member, and this is one darling card. Love that tiny baby set, and you've used it splendidly. Love the bitty stripes with the baby clothes pins. The background looks wonderful with the embossing (a new one to me) and also like the way you've done the inside sponging. Lots of texture with the way the ink sponged. Hope the rain has eased up today, and look so forward to cuddling little Max! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Hazel... and I'm sure Max is, too :)
    Adorable card. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new arrival to the family. This is such a cute card - perfect for a little one and simple and clean. I love what you did with the inside. You always have such great attention to detail! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new grand little! So fun~ Adorable card too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love how you've carried the design through to the inside. Congratulations to you all on your new arrival. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Hazel, love everything about it :) Congratulations on the new addition to your family,
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter, Hazel.
    What a sweet and charming card! You made me smile :-) Thank you very much for this, Hazel, my friend. Congratulations on the birth of baby. This is a great event for all! All the best for you and your family :-)
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you and your family! Your card is extremely adorable! Hope you will soon get to meet Max in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you and your family on the happy addition! My nephew and his wife are also expecting so I will be a great-aunt sometime in September! Your card is adorable and I just might have to use it as a little inspiration for my own card that I'll be needing shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Hazel! Your card is absolutely darling. I have a grandson named Max, too, but he's nearly 11 years old already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting Hazel!!! A BIG congrats to you and the new family!!! Your card is simply adorable. I love the paper you used for the onesie and I love that you stamped the sentiment on it as well. Those tiny clothes pins are just the cutest too! I'm sorry they live so far away, that just stinks. But I sure hope you will get to meet little Max soon in person!! I bet he is adorable!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations...this is one adorable card. I love the name Max, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to you Granny! What a dear little baby and a great name too. I love the card you've made to celebrate his birth and hope you get to hold him before too long. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB uber-CAS card here Hazel, and MANY congrats on the addition of little Max to your family. Love the inside too. Great idea.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card - Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big congrats to you and hubby and the happy parents, Hazel!!!! So happy to hear that all went well and that little Max is a strong healthy baby!!! (I also didn't want to know the sex of my babies beforehand!!!) And what a darling card you have made!!!! I really like the EF you have used for the bg and you were so clever to add the washing line - it is sooooooo cute!!! And the inside is just as sweet!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x