Saturday 19 March 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge & My Second Post Today!


Well, lovelies, this is my second post today!  I know, what am I playing at?  Well, I had some new stamp sets arrive from Australia today and I had ideas for them in my mind.  I'm talking about my Happy Little Stampers, 'Mix Mash' and 'Doodled Flowers'.  For this card I used the 'Mix Mash' set, which is a very versatile set that have endless possibilities for layering - I can't wait to play some more - but for this I wanted to use the individual stamps in a simple way, because this is for a colour challenge, the CAS Colours & Sketches #165 Challenge, which is a colour  challenge this time and the were

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/challenge-165-colours.html
I had all three!  So here is the card.





First I made my own patterned panel with a lot of the stamps from the HLS 'Mix Mash' set with the required colours.  Then, I cut a wonky panel out of it and a wonky panel of Night Of Navy card-stock slightly bigger than the patterned panel (I know, it looks black in the photo, but it was Night Of Navy) and adhered the patterned piece on to it with tape runner.

Next, I mounted the focal panel on to the card front and stamped a sentiment from the same set, again, in Night Of Navy  and that was done.

I thank you for your very welcome visits and comments and want to say, have a very lovely weekend!  Hazel xx 

18 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! Awesome stamping; great job with the colors; love the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and very festive birthday card Hazel! I love it and love that you got to play with some new stamp sets. You go girlfriend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the panel you created with your new stamps, Hazel. Isn't it fun to play with new craft tools when they arrive? I think you'll use this stamp set a lot. This fabulous card is just the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun Hazel! Love the design with the tilted panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love this! Your patterned background is great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an eye catching card and I've had my eye on that stamp set too. thanks for playing along at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* your homemade DSP, the colours and patterns work brilliantly together. It's an unusual layout that really works. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this graphic fabulousness over on IG and had to come comment! What a gorgeous color combo [I am off to check it out too thx] - You also have a great week end :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been a busy bee again, Hazel.
    Fantastic card. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glorious explosion of colours and shapes you've created here. It's so vibrant and exciting. It's a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome!! I love the design with all of the circles!! You did such a fabulous job!! The colors are gorgeous, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fab card, I love the colours and the way you have done the slanted panel....brilliant !
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these bold colors! This would be perfect for a teen boy! Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fresh-looking and fun card! Great use of your new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fun and kinda retro card, beautifully done and perfect use of the challenge colours. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic. I absolutely love the background stamping you did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great vibrant, geometric card. I love how you've carried the design to the inside of the card too. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun and pretty card Hazel, I love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x