Tuesday 1 March 2016

CAS Mix Up Challenge #1 & NBUS Challenge #6


I am so excited today, as my dear friends Loll Thomson and Bonnie Klass have started up their very own challenge, the . . . CAS Mix Up Challenge

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/cas-mix-up-march-challenge.html

The requirements are that it must be a Mixed Media CAS card, which I found a little daunting at first as I had never done any mixed media before, but Loll explained that I had probably done MM without even knowing it, and when she explained it . . . she was right . . . I had made cards that fitted the criteria!  So, when she and Bonnie started up this challenge I was excited to give it a go!

First, I took a panel of watercolour card-stock and blended a few distress inks over the entire panel and let it dry, that took care of the watercolour part (I think), next, I cut two stitched rectangles out of it and put one aside for another project.  Then I stamped the flower image on to a card base with a new stamp set that arrived today, Woodware, 'Dotty Flower' and heat embossed it, which took care of my second requirement and because it is brand new and unused I will also link it to Darnell's 6th NBUS challenge


http://www.djkardkreations.com/2016/03/nbus-challenge-6-day-one-and-main-link.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Djkardkreations+%28djkardkreations%29


The next step was to stamp the image again on to the watercolour stitched panel and heat emboss that too and mounted it on to the card front  with fun foam making sure the two images were aligned.

I finished off with a small, sentiment from my Clearly Besotted, 'Sweet Little Sentiments' stamp set, taking care of the final requirement.  To finish, I put a few random dots of white gel pen on the panel and that was that.

Here is my first MM CAS entry.





Thank you for stopping by my friends!  Have a lovely evening/day.  Hazel xx

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Hazel. It looks like a beautiful sunset behind your gorgeous bloom. Love the design with the flower off the edges of the panel. So creative. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this Hazel, it's just gorgeous.
    I have never heard of MM it puts a huge question mark on my forehead LOL
    Hugs, Veerle xx

    BTW tomorrow i'll send you an email to explain the technique with the two coloured motor bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I had the same thoughts about mixed media not knowing what it actually was and Bonnie indicated in a comment on a couple of my cards that they were mixed media. So fun new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your mixed media card Hazel! Those colors are so pretty and I just love your flower. How funny that a lot of us didn't know what a mixed media card was and when we found out we really do know how to make them. lol I've got to get something going for this challenge myself. I am going to try and play along with some challenges this year. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card Hazel - wonderful design and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Hazel! I love that you are our first participant at CAS Mix Up! I love your CAS mixed media cards. I think you just didn't call them that! This is a true beauty! Love that watercolor wash background and that's a perfect stamp to highlight it! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Mixed Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Hazel - it's perfect for the new challenge. I love the colours and the strong contrast of the black flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, it's absolutely stunning, Hazel!! Wow!! I love, love the design!! The colors are fabulous!! You are amazing my friend!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very beautiful! What a sweet flower! I am really excited about this challenge and hope to soon find time to try my hand at CAS Mixed Media!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous CAS/MM card! I love your watercolored rectangle. It adds a wonderfully soft, but impressive aspect to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, great combination of colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card Hazel! I'm going to head over and take a look at that challenge, it looks like one I would love
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card ! Will check the new challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job on the NBUS and the new challenge. I loved the distress inked panel and it's perfect popped up on the card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh!! this is so pretty and clever! : ) I love the watercolored panel behind your black image - it just pops!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a stunning card. I love the stamp you've used. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful Hazel. I love the colours and the black embossed flowers look really dramatic. I'm a bit unsure about mixed media. So I might have done it too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot this started in March ( or it just came too fast) ,thanks for the reminder! Wow this is gorgeous! I love sentiments stamped on the side,it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply beautiful, Hazel!!! Love the beautiful colours you have worked with and the wonderful flower!!!!! So clever to stamp your flower over the edge and the white dots really add just that little bit extra to make this a stunning card!!! Love it, my friend!!!
    Have a great Thursday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such an amazing card and love the CAS look with such pretty color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, well done on your first MM card, Hazel, and using your NBUS! I love this design and did a very similar one with roses a few months back. It's a great design for assembly-making and building up your stash which I think we all need! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! Great colors and very clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a fantastic panel! Nice layout and design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your HM on your card, Hazel - beautiful colors and love the black against those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on the Outstanding Entry at CAS Mix Up. Love the stamping you've done off the panel and the colours are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yippie!! I'm popping back to congratulate you on the well-deserved recognition from CAS Mix-Up, Hazel!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x