Saturday 26 March 2016

A Card With No Purpose . . .


. . . other than to feed my addiction . . . no, no need for sharp intakes of breath . . . my addiction to card making!  It is a very very wet Easter weekend here in the SW of the UK.  It is blowing a gale and lashing down with rain, so, no opportunity (or, indeed, enthusiasm) to go anywhere!

So, I needed to make a card, just for the fun of it, so that is what I did!  I felt that I should be going through my stash of 'snippets'.  You know, the die cut from the die you had to try when it first arrived, the stamped piece from the stamp set that you loved and had to have, and all these supplies lay unused ever since . . . hmm, just me then!

Anywho, I rummaged through my snippet drawer and found, this pre-cut tag with the sentiment already on it (computer generated, so it is also a hybrid card),  and the patterned paper border that was the negative from another die cut used tried in the past.

I took a plain white linen card base,  adhered the border, added a coordinating ribbon to the tag and popped it up on foam tape for dimension, and that my friends was that, a super quick and easy card that satisfied a need in me!  Here it is.




 
I hope you are all having a better Easter weekend than we are (weather wise) . . . don't eat too many chocolate eggs!  Have a great one and thanks for popping  by!  Hazel xx

15 comments:

  1. As someone else who lives in the SW UK I can vouch for the fact that storm Katie appears to have arrived a smidge early! Nothing for it other than to stay in and craft!!! Lovely make .. FYI I have very same addiction .. my name is Kathy .. and I'm a craftaholic!!

    Happy Easter

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not just you! Don't know it there is any paper crafter out there who doesn't have piles of snippets, die cuts, etc. laying around. My problem is I rarely use them! Your weather sounds perfect for crafting! Your card is fun and you should be proud that you used some of your snippets!
    We are at my Mother-in-law and its sunny but with a cool wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Hazel! Love the mix of fonts and colours on your sentiment tag. Looks so amazing with the soft purple patterned border and matching ribbon. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun find in your snippets! Great tag~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Hazel!! I love the tag!! The linen paper is so gorgeous!! Love it my friend!! It's sunny and blue skies for our Easter weekend...it's a bit chilly but I'm not complaining :) I hope you have a wonderful Easter!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weather up north in Yorkshire has just got awful - par for the course for holiday weekends I think! I love this card and that you made it just because and for no other purpose than for you. Love the sentiment. Am just understanding the flexibility of digital stamps too and I love how there are loads of different colours on this. Keep crafting and have a great Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful when a beautiful card comes together so easily! I love that all the "thanks" are different colors and different fonts! Have a very blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it, Hazel! I have a snippet box, a snippet drawer and a snippet pile on my work desk!! So many snippets, so little time. Have a WONDERFUL Easter holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this earlier on FB and loved it. Good for you at a 'just because' card, and it's so pretty & clever. Good that you could use up some snippety bits, (now you can get more schtuff, if you needed a reason HA!) and doesn't it make us feel righteous when we do that? You're more disciplined than I, when you had time to make a card...I applaud that characteristic. Better being creative than lazy. We have a dreary cool, damp day, but no bad rain. I had a leisurely coffee/reading morning, then sat down to return comments. Tomorrow is early medical appt, but hopefully after that, need to meet some DT commitments. Got one card nearly finished. Trying to clean up some UFO's from the Crapalanche. Happy Easter to you both. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's certainly NOT just you then! We've all got those snippets surely!
    I'm in the South East, not the South West, but I'm pretty sure we have similar weather!
    It's been EXCESSIVELY windy and there are a couple of garden fence panels down - but not my responsibility, thankfully.

    LOVE your thank you card. It's nice and cheerful.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather was equally vile here... so much so we have a pond at the bottom of our garden right now!
    Lovely card, Hazel. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was an over cast day for us on Easter, but fairly warmish. I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere either if the skies had been dumping on us. I love, love, love this card my friend! That tag is fabulous, love the sentiments on it and I love the lovely border strip. I think you feed your addiction perfectly! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fabulous card...what a fun what to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love that tag with all the 'thanks' on it, Hazel - wonderful mix of fonts and colours!!! And your tag looks great with the lovely purple bow and the beautiful purple flowers on the side!!!! Really lovely, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x