Thursday 17 March 2016

ColourQ #333


Today folks, my card is for the ColourQ #333 Challenge and this is their colours and inspiration photo

http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/colourq-challenge-333.html

I used, Old Olive, Gumball Green & Cracked Pistachio as I didn't have Always Artichoke or Kiwi Kiss.  This is my card.





First I stamped a pattern on a strip of card-stock about two inches wide with stamps from Stampin' Up's 'Botanical Blooms' stamp & die set in the various greens.  Next, I stamped some of the leaves from the set and cut them out with the dies.  Then I cut a strip of SU green card-stock to make a border between the focal panel and the patterned edge and adhered that with the stamped panel to a white card base.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment on to the focal panel, adhered the leaves, a couple on foam tape and one just flat and mounted the whole thing on to the  card base with fun foam.

As always, thank you so much for visiting today.  Have a lovely one!  Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. OOH, this is a fab card! Your color match is spot on for this challenge! It is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, I just love everything about it. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - what a brilliant take on the sketch and the colours are yummy and green - perfect for St Patrick's Day. I love how you decorate the inside of your cards too - you think of everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel, what an amazing take on the inspiration photo and colors! Which I love! I love that you stamped the little dodads on the left side, the green strip is a great division between the leaves and dodads. I love this card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Hazel.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A leafy delight for sure! I love how you echoed the big leaves on the inspiration photo in a vertical line on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel, this is so beautiful. I love your wonderful leaves and sweet sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely take on the inspiration photo! All the different greens and patterns make my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so creative, Hazel! I love your patterned strip on the left and your lovely leaves. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love 'nature' cards, Hazel. Thus one's a real showstopper. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card Hazel and green is my favourite colour too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the layout and colours. I have just started following you after finding you through Barb's blog :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all that fresh spring green colour, like how did the pretty trailing leaves too. I can see the inside matches too,love it all Hazel ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love the beautiful leaves and the lovely stamped strip on the side, Hazel!!! This is really lovely!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful!! I love the pretty leaves!! The colors are just gorgeous!! Absolutely fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful. I love the contrast between your stamped strip and your die cut leaves. A really great design. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, Hazel, love your design! So glad to see you at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x