Thursday 2 April 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #180

Today is a card for one of my favourite challenges, Freshly Made Sketches #180 A Sketch By Jen T

This is the sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/freshly-made-sketches-180-sketch-by-jen.html

I must confess that when I first saw the sketch I was excited, I really liked the look of it!  But when I actually sat down to do something with it, I found I was stuck . . . my mojo must have went off for the easter break!  I did have three attempts, but felt that none of them were that thrilling, so I went back to the drawing board, and finally arrived at this - not sure about this one either?

I kept it simple and cut two circles out with my MFT dotted circles dies - one out of patterened paper and another out of vellum and layered the two, one on top of the other.  I then cut the circle in half and adhered that to a white card panel and then put a strip of black card accross the join and tied some twine around it.

I then stamped the sentiment with my Clearly Besotted stamp and mounted the whole thing on to a matching coloured base card, offset to the right hand side and topped it off with a few sequins in matching colours.

This is the result.











As always, I appreciate you visiting today and for any comments you leave.  Have a wonderful Easter!  Hazel xx

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to layer two half circles on top of each other! This is such a fantastic card! I am totally pinning this for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleek and elegant! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, I love the texture and the color you have used on the yellow card. The second card is striking. I love the black and the twine with the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean lines on this. Your pretty details on the half circle really shine! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the giant circles and I love how the vellum softens them up a bit. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x