Sunday 12 April 2015

Happy Little Stampers - April Challenge - Stencilling & A Revived Oldie Technique

Today I made a card for the Happy Little Stampers - April Challenge  which called for

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.ca/2015/04/hls-april-cas-challenge.html

As I recently received my new batch of stencils and some pearlescent  embossing paste . . . which is GORGEOUS . . . I set to work.  This is what I came up with










All supplies will be listed below the next set of pictures, which are the backgrounds I made using the 'Revived Oldie Technique' named in the title of this post.

I was having a bit of a sort out the other day and came across a box of metallic marbling inks I bought years and years ago, and believe I may have used once?  I gave them a good old shake up and tried them out . . . and they were still liquid!!!

Anywho, I made some backgrounds using just a couple of colours . . . too late, I remembered why they had been put to one side for years . . . what a mess!

The resulting backgrounds took five days . . . yep your eyes didn't deceive you  . . . FIVE long days (and if you all knew me, you would know that for me that is a lifetime)  I poked and prodded every day until finally they were dry!  It's the oil, don't you know which stinks the house out BTW, and now it will probably take five weeks to flatten them out enough in order to be able to use them.

Here they are, I apologise for the glare in the close ups, but they are metallic and don't photograph easily.









Supplies used:

Memory Box Stencils - 'Delphinium' & 'Stems'
Dreamweaver - Embossing Paste
Distress Inks - 'Mowed Lawn'
Clearly Besotted Sentiment - 'Fabulous Fuchsias'

If you have stayed with me this long, I bow to your superior patience and thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I love you all and appreciate all of your comments.  I hope your having a super weekend!  Hazel xx

10 comments:

  1. Glorious makes, Hazel - love your stencil card and those backgrounds are just fab

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Hazel, i have never worked with embossing paste is it the same as gesso ? And as for your backgrounds, they do look fabulous, really gorgeous. It's a pitty it took soooooooooo loooooooooong to make them.
    I bet you can make something absolutely gorgeous with them.
    Look foreward to see it.
    Hugs, Veerle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, the pearlescent embossing paste is gorgeous (I'll be off to check that out later) and I love how it looks with these simple stems. And your marble backgrounds are very pretty but I'm not sure I'd wait five days for them to dry! You must be a saint to wait that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite card you have done. I love the metallics and the card is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and love what you came up with combining both stencil and paste..wonderful card! Also, really like the marble background and it surprised me to see it took 5 days to dry. You have lots of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pearlescent gel over top of your pretty flowers Hazel. It really shines (thanks for the close-up). As for your marbled backgrounds ... well, they are gorgeous, but wow, you are patient. I couldn't have handled waiting that long. But now you have some beautiful papers and looking forward to seeing what you make with them.

    Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all I am gasping in awe over that pearlized embossing paste! Such a beautiful card! Those backgrounds would be tough to wait for, but what a wonderful end result! Maybe some warm summer day outside on newspapers and then left to dry in the garage would be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new stencil in combination with the pearlescent paste made for a gorgeous card! Also love your marbled backgrounds! How frustrating that they took so long to dry! Can't wait to see what you make out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Hazel, your card is stunning! I love the shimmer on the design, so beautiful! I also love your beautiful backgrounds you have made. It looks like it was worth the effort, not sure about the smell in the house. lol My hubby would have told me never again! lol But I sure do love how they came out, again so shimmery and the colors are just beautiful! Have a great week Hazel! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love your beautiful card, Hazel!!! The shimmer is lovely and the strip on the side looks great!!!!
    The bgs you created with your marbling inks are stunning!!! Such fun to rediscover some old stuff, hey!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x