Thursday 2 April 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #180 Take Two

This is the second card today for one of my favourite challenges, Freshly Made Sketches #180 A Sketch By Jen T

This is the sketch
 
Although I said that this sketch had me flummoxed to start with, I quite quickly came up with my second one for this sketch . . . and this is the result.
 










This one is very different from my usual kind of style, it's a little more 'fussy'.  
 
I started off with a cream panel, cut a circle of white and dry embossed it and adhered it to the base card.  
 
Then I added a watercolour piece that I had made a  a couple of days ago and had dry embossed that also.

Next, I wrapped a piece of lace ribbon around the join and tied it in a double loop bow.  I finished it all off with a sentiment on a punched out shape and added a few pearls.

I promise this all for today, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, wonderful Easter!  Hazel xx

7 comments:

  1. I love it Hazel. Your embossed pieces look very beautiful as does the yellowy colour. Nice.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite lovely, Hazel. I really like the idea of embossing the water-colored rectangle. It adds so much additional texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! The colors and texture are amazing!! So pretty!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this one too! Such a different take than the fist one. That background is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Hazel! The embossed and watercolored background is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, you totally rock this sketch! I love that beautiful and vivid yellow background with the bits of pearls. I love it. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You weren't flummoxed for long! I love your use of various textures! Thank you for playing along with at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x