Friday 24 April 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #183 & CAS.ology Week 143 - Ombre

Today my mojo got up and left me, so I struggled to think of a design for one of my favourite challenges, Freshly Made Sketches #183 - A Sketch by Linda . . . this was the sketch


http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/freshly-made-sketches-183.html

I rotated the sketch anticlockwise and ended up with this







As my embossing paste was ombre and the sponged strips were also ombre, I decided to also enter it for the Cas.ology #143 challenge


http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/week-143-ombre.html

Supplies used:

Hero Arts - Stencil
Lil' Inker - All About The Ampersand stamp set
Couture - Cheerful embossing folder
Dreamweaver - Whit embossing paste, coloured with distress inks
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry
Versafine - Black Onyx ink

13 comments:

  1. Awesome card Hazel. Love it.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracious, look at this awesome card! You did an amazing job with this sketch Hazel. I love that you turned it, your ombre embossing paste and strips look amazing and I just love the embossing. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous texture and I adore your ombre embossing paste! Just a lovely card all around! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, then, Hazel, it looks to me like you don't even need Mr. Mojo if you can make such a superb design without him! Way to go!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to rotate the sketch! Wonderful texture! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I love the contrast of the black against the white and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful!! I love the pretty colors and the amazing texture!! Awesome idea rotating the sketch!! This is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design Hazel. Love your ombre technique on both the vertical panel and the embossing paste. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, I don't think your mojo has left you! This is a beautiful take on both Challenges! I love the dimension you get from your embossing paste, and just love that subtle ombre effect that mirrors your background cardstock. Just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely! I love all the texture you've added to your card as well as your ombre effect. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so ELEGANT!!!! Love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your rotated version of the sketch, Hazel!!!!!! The embossing looks great and I love the sentiment!!! The purple with the B&W is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this take on the sketch...so creative and so beautiful with all the purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x