Thursday 30 April 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #184 - Over The Edge

My card today is for Freshly Made Sketches #184 - A Sketch by Kim and Kim would like to see us, "go over the edge" . . . well, I don't know about over the edge, but I think I may have gone 'over the top' too with my foliage on this one, so I'm not so sure it still fits the CAS style?  This is my card



This is Kim's sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/freshly-made-sketches-184.html
 As you can see, I have substituted flowers and foliage for the tag - but it does say, 'any shape' so I hope it will still count!

Anywho, here are the pictures.  All supplies are listed below the pics.










Supplies used:

Lil' Inker - Winter Flower
La-La Land - Berry Flourish
Altenew - Henna Elements
Clearly Besotted - A Little Sentimental
Stampin' Up - Petal Potpouri
Incidentals - Black cardstock, white cardstock, vellum, embossing powder, Versamark & Versafine Onyx Black

As always, thank you so much for visiting today and for any comments . . . you all really make my day!  Have a lovely day/evening wherever you are!  Hazel xx



16 comments:

  1. Oh my Hazel this is so gorgeous. Love love the black and white. And i think it still quelifies as cas because that also means lots of blank space, no ? It sure does count for me because this is a real beauty. Love it. Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,Hazel this is a stunning card for sure,love the open vellum flowers ,just gorgeous! I think it counts ,why not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, Hazel - love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, your card is just gorgeous, I love the vellum flowers, and placed with black they are WOW.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hazel, you are coming up with stunning cards! I love, love, love this one! The black and white color combo is just classic and the pop of blue is just gorgeous. Love those flowers and leaves-you have knocked this challenge right out the park!!! And yes, this is still CAS to me. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a stunning take on the sketch. I love the embossed vellum flowers and the way they are growing! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! My favorite detail is the vellum flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Hazel this is stunning! Vellum flowers, black leaves - could anything be more eye catching? What a wonderful eye for design you have. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a stunning card, Hazel!!! This is simply beautiful!!! Oh, I LOVE those flowers and how you have embossed it on the vellum!!! Oh, I can't stop staring at it - everything is just perfect!!!! The small green dots are placed perfectly and the whole design is perfect in every way!!!! Love everything about this card, Hazel!!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Hazel, it's so classy and gorgeous too !... took me ages to find that E/F too btw., sorry think I will hanging onto it now sorry lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Hazel, me again. Can i ask you something. I see on the background of this card some kind of texture. Is it the paper you bought like this ? Or did you add this texture yourself ?
    Hugs
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So amazing Hazel, just love the black against the white of the vellum. And the soft blue is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous!! The vellum flowers look amazing!! I love the black and white with a little pop of blue!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these vellum flowers! The black centers and leaves make them so striking! And I really like the sweet blue trims!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vellum flowers...they are simply amazing and look stunning on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning Hazel! I just adore those embossed vellum flowers and the colours you've used are just amazing! Another fabulous creation!Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x