Tuesday 1 August 2017

Just Because . . .


. . . I felt like making a card!  How are you lovely people?  Today, I just felt like making a card and had no challenges in mind, or 'must makes' to do and I had a few - who am I kidding? - loads of stamp sets still un-inked, so decided to use one of them!  This set was Stampin' Up's 'Falling Flowers' set.

Here it is.






First, I stamped the gorgeous flourish in two corners of a panel, cut smaller than my card front.  Then, I accented the two opposite corners with two small panels of coordinating card-stock and inked the exposed corners with the same ink as the stamping.

Next, I mounted the panel onto a card base with foam for dimension.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment using a Stampin' Up punch to punch it out and also punched a piece of the coloured card-stock used for the corners and cut it to make a frame for the sentiment piece, mounting the whole thing also with foam tape.

I finished it all off with a few pearls and called it done!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the gorgeous vines and the colors!! Fabulous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Hazel, love that red/white combination.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    BTW you might be interested in joining in for my candy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classy card and love the limited colour palette which works so well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant card Hazel, really love the flourish and fab sentiment. Also love how you have framed with the coloured card in opposite corners...gorgeous !
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a lovely set Hazel. Your card is beautiful and very eleant. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Hazel and I adore the red and white. The flourishes across two of the corners and then interest with the red backing the other two corners is a great design idea and I love the gentle inking too. A lovely sentiment and pearls to finish. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant card with these pretty flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and perfectly elegant! This is a really fantastic design! I want to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, Hazel! I really like how you inked the edges of the top panel. That little touch gives them such nice definition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely monochromatic card Hazel. I really like the special touches of the bit I see on the inside to the two corners with extra red. Fab design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stylish card Hazel and that design will be so versatile for lots of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the corner design and the label! Such a pretty color too! It's fun to make a card just for the joy of making it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty mono card love the scrolls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x