Sunday 27 August 2017

Squeezing In A Quick One



Hi all you lovely people.  I hope you are all having a great weekend, and for those of us having a bank holiday weekend, doesn't it make a change to have a sunny one!  Which, of course, is typical, as we are off to Spain, and we have been told that for the day of our arrival and beyond, they have forecast torrential rain and heavy thunderstorms . . . in fact, they have had a severe weather warning!  

So, we will be leaving behind the sunshine and heading into our usual UK weather in Spain, where we go to get away from it!  Oh well,  C'est la vie!

I just had to squeeze in a quick one before we go and enter a quick challenge.  And what better challenge to get in on, but my good friends Loll and Bonnie's CAS Mix Up challenge which this month calls for


http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/cas-mix-up-august-challenge.html

I'm afraid I don't have a great deal of Alcohol Inks, but I have done what I can with what few I have, my choice is a die-cut.

Here are the pictures.





I must get some more in different colours!

**EDIT**

Just been over to link up, and guess what . . . it ended on the 24th August!!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


14 comments:

  1. Oh my Hazel, that's too bad it already ended. Your card looks amazing. I really should work more often with alcohol inks. Haven't done a lot with them yet.
    Have a great holiday dispite the bad weather forecast my friend.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning!! The colors look amazing!! Wow!! I love the background!! Funny - I just played with some of my Alcohol Inks today and the results were disastrous and ended up in the trash!! I love, love this and you've inspired me to try them again!! Safe travels and I hope you don't encounter bad weather. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you missed the deadline Hazel with this fabulous card. Absolutely love the vibrant colours and with you owning just a few one amazing job x Hope they have got the weather forecast wrong for you x Relax and looking forward to hearing all about it on your return x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, gorgeous colours. Hope the weather isn't as bad as they predict and you have a relaxing time. Take care dearfriend and catch up when you get back x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We, too, will be in Spain this month, although not for a couple of weeks, yet. Enjoy your time away. Your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful time come rain or shine, and hopefully more shine than rain. This card is so bright and beautiful and the black background layer and the white flourish show off those pretty alcohol inks so well. It's a shame you missed the deadline over at the challenge, but great to see it. x


    ReplyDelete
  7. Your alcohol ink background is so gorgeous and artsy, Hazel. I am sorry you missed our deadline, but so pleased you were thinking of us. Be sure and check in on the 28th for the winners:-) You can never have too many colors of AI's...my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours of your background are so bright and fun, Hazel. Sorry you missed the deadline, but you have a beautiful card for your stash! :)

    Hope the storm goes through quickly and you'll be able to enjoy some sunshine soon in Spain. Have a wonderful holiday. Eat, drink and be merry!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so sorry it ended, because this is absolutely gorgeous! You've don't seem to need many alcohol inks o make a gorgeous background. Hope it isn't too wet at all on your holiday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Hazel, what a shame you missed the challenge (I must confess I do this a lot Lol) I love your inked panel and the pop of black and white with the die cut finish it perfectly.
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday and the weather is kind to you,
    Hugs Kaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm sorry it was too late to enter this gorgeous card, Hazel. What a bright and beautiful background and another lovely, swirly die cut! Thanks for thinking of us at CAS Mix Up! Have a wonderful and safe trip, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is such a stunning background you have created. The colors blend and play so beautifully !! Enjoy your trip Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gorgeous card is proof that you don't need a lot of AI inks to make a beautiful background!
    Hope the weather fore cast for Spain was wrong and the sun is coming out for you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bright and beautiful, lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x