Wednesday 23 August 2017

One Panel, Two Cards & A Mess Up


Hello fellow crafters.  I hope you are all well.  Today's cards came from one panel, and I will tell you the story as we go.

As you regular readers will know, I have been looking to use up some of my pre-made panels that have been lying around forever.  Well, I watched a video for Simon Says Stamp where the person doing the video, used an ink blended panel to do this technique.

So, I picked out a water-coloured panel that I had blended an ombre pink, going from darker pink, to a lighter pink and had sprayed it with shimmer spray.  It was really pretty.

Now, this is where I messed up first.

In the video (sorry, I will try and link to it later, but I will have to find it first), she dry embossed the blended panel with a stencil - this I did, successfully - then she took some Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and gently rubbed it over the raised areas, taking care not to get it in the grooves.

This is where the 'mess up' comes in.  I took some Imagination Crafts 'Starlight' paint in a rose colour and gently spread it over the raised areas.  There were two problems with this, one that I hadn't thought about.
  1. I was a little clumsy, and some went into the grooves where I didn't want it to go (you will see this in the close-up shots.
  2. This is the one I hadn't thought about, the paint covered the ombre effect, so you could no longer see it!
Anywho, I have taken up enough of your good people's time so without further ado, I will say, Hasta Luego, we are off in a few days and won't be back until 29th September!  And here are the cards.




And here is the second.





They don't look so bad in real life, as the stunning shimmer and shine from the 'Starlights' (that you can't see all that well in the pictures), dazzles you to the flaws! 😅

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!  I will miss you all!

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


17 comments:

  1. lovely design, Hazel and i think the shimmer is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the shimmer is really pretty, I bet it lights up the room in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame about the starlight paints obscuring Hazel and I bet they do look shiny and amazing IRL x Such a good idea and love the pink against the black. Hope you have a lovely time away?...assuming it's a holiday? Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you using your "extra" panels. This is so pretty! You are having a great time traveling this year -- so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mess ups - they look fabulous and you wouldn't know if you hadn't have told us. Have a wonderful time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think they are messed up at all - they look amazing!! I love the colors and the shimmer!! The black really makes the colors pop!! Love them, my friend!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do see the shimmer and it looks lovely. I love both your cards Hazel, they don't look messed up. Love the touch of black and the die cut leave on the first one is gorgeous. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really pretty cards Hazel with lots of gorgeous shimmer and the black embellishments and the diagonal black edge and then the two different sentiments all combine to finish them beautifully. I hope you have a fabulous month away. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you came out of the situation with two beauties for sure Hazel. Love the both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards Hazel, love the pink with the black and the leaves die and butterfly are gorgeous :)
    Enjoy your holiday, will miss your lovely cards though
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can still see the ombre, especially in the second card! The shimmer paint is fantastic and together with the black die cuts and the layout makes two stunning cards!
    Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your cards are glorious, Hazel! The pink shimmer looks pretty on the screen; I can only imagine how great it look in person. Have a great trip! We leave soon, too, and won't be back until Sept. 27.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these cards are wonderful, Hazel! I love the stenciled and painted background and the beautiful black dies with them. I am loving the leafy die here and on your last post as well as the hugs die. May I ask where they come from? Thanks so much, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you are trying to use up your stash, you are so inspiring! Your cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got two beautiful cards from that one panel ... great job Hazel!! I don't see any mess up ... both cards are GORGEOUS and the shine is amazing. Have a wonderful trip and relaxing vacation, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you've done really well in using up your panels An being creative - that's all that matters! I bet the shimmer is stunning. Good on you for trying out a different technique! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful, pink and shimmery, too.
    Can't see any mess ups, lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x