Wednesday 16 August 2017

Using Up Some Stash


Hello sweet crafters.  I'm sure that many of you will, like me, have a stash of card panels that you have created whilst experimenting with different mediums and put aside in order to 'make a card with it' and never got round to it.  Today, I thought it was high time I started to actually use some.

This card is made with a Brusho piece that I had sprinkled some Brusho on and then spritzed it with water and this was the resulting panel.

I topped the card off with a die cut border piece, stamped the words, added a few rhinestones and spritzed lightly with a home-made shimmer spray and called it done.

Here it is (I don't know why but lately all my plain, white card-stock has ended up with a very slight magenta caste, well, on my monitor anyway), you can see it quite clearly in picture number two here, anyone have any answers for me?





Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely card ,pretty n simple !
    Try editing the color balance.I do it in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Hazel and I love the pretty scallops and cut out sentiment which works beautifully. I like you have lots of experimental pieces which just get put aside, and perhaps I will take a leaf out of your book and make some cards with them. I have to admit your white does have a pink tinge for some reason, and like the lady above has said you can probably change it by tweaking when you edit your photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I have one of those boxes too! This is a lovely way to use them up. Simple and stylish. Can't help with the photos I'm afraid, I do pretty basic editing!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so gorgeous, Hazel!! The brusho background looks amazing!! I love the thanks cut on a curve!! Elegant and beautiful, my friend!! Love it!! I need to use up leftovers and scraps, too - they are taking over!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I can't help with the computer question...I look to you for those x Pretty card with a great effect with the brusho's. Yes I've loads of trial card fronts too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and a great way to use your Brusho experimental card. Sorry I missed you this evening but very tired when I got home :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice "stash" to have :) sure made a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see I'm not the only one concentrating on using up those bits ~ until we see another squirrel, right, lol! You've made a beautiful thank you card! Love that Brusho background and I have put that scalloped thank you on my Wish List after seeing it used somewhere. I love it! After seeing your card, I'm going to move it out of the Wish List!

    As for the magenta shadow, I notice that happens to my cards (or a bluish shadow) when I overexpose it when editing. That's all I can think of, but not sure that's the answer. Don't worry about it, tho, Hazel, I never would have seen it if you hadn't mentioned it!

    (So cool to notice Linda's comment and see that you two still see each other now and then! Hard to believe I met you all a little more than a year ago already! I hope you and hubby are doing great!!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely use of your panel Hazel. This is so softly lovey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you used this panel to make this pretty card! I have tons of backgrounds waiting to be used (just tonight I used a little piece...). Sorry, but I don't have any idea why the white comes out with a magenta hue...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful piece of Brusho, Hazel! I love that curves edge and the cut out thanks! You've made a perfect home for this piece! It looks white to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Hazel! Love. The design and color combo. Sorry, I've not. Been blogging or doing much commenting. No Internet right now as my modem went out. So commenting and keeping up with email on my smart phone. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! I need to get my Brushos out again. They're so much fun to play with. Your card has inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brusho's are calling to me now, Hazel. Haven't played with mine for a while!
    Great design, my friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x