Thursday 17 August 2017

Let's Be Negative . . .

. . . AND positive


Today, whilst using another pre-made panel, I cut out a  flower die from a panel of cream coloured card-stock to use, and decided to use the negative as well as the positive.

First, I added some extra interest by just stamping with my small stamp pad all over the front (later I regretted it, because I felt that the chosen ink was too dark and dominated the piece, but I was committed by then) and I mounted the negative panel with foam tape on to a cream coloured base card to which I had adhered a black layer in order to show through the negative space.

Next, I die cut the butterfly from the same black card-stock as the layering panel.  I stamped a sentiment on a strip of cream coloured card-stock and adhered that to a strip of vellum and mounted the whole strip to the front of the card with foam tape, adhered the butterfly and some pearls and called it done.




Next, I adhered the pre-made smooshed watercolour panel to a cream card base that I had embossed with a frame embossing folder and cut a sentiment and another small butterfly from black card-stock and adhered all die cuts to the panel, added some black gems and this is the positive card.




Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


11 comments:

  1. Two very pretty cards Hazel and the first with the negative image with the black card behind is nice and bold with the inked front, and what a great idea to use your blending tool stamped over it which works really well and the vellum backed sentiment strip with the black butterfly is perfect. I love the smooshed background with the cream flowers, and the black die cut sentiment in that loose type hand written script, and the sweet little black outline butterfly finish it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both so gorgeous!! I love that you used both the negative and positive!! I need to remember to do that!! Beautiful cards, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, wow way to use all your bits and pieces. I do love the negative piece. I don't think it is too dark at all it looks fabulous. Your positive piece along with the black accents is fabulous as well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore both of your cards Hazel, love them.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous but my favourite is the first one. The negative space with the black looks fabulous as does the clever idea of stamping the background with the small ink pad...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you rocked them both, Hazel! Each card has its own beauty. Thanks for reminding us to think about using both negative and positive cuts when we're die-cutting. It definitely makes sense to make two cards at once. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look you got with the small inkpad on the cardstock! What wonderful movement! And the white die cut is so pretty on the beige watercolor background! Two fabulous cards, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are pure perfection! I love the inkpad and the smooshed background. They both look really natural to me, in the colors and textures. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! You got two fabulous cards that look very different! Love the background you created with the ink pad! The second card is so beautifully framed and the finishing touches on both are lovely!
    Have a great Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing these ages ago and thinking how much I loved them.
    Still do! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x