Friday 28 July 2017

A Missed Deadline . . .

. . . by one week!

Hi dear friends, since my return home, my mojo has seemed to desert me, so I went in search of inspiration!

I caught sight of a photo for a challenge I had never entered before, 'Just Us Girls' and it inspired me to make the card you are about to see.  However, when I tried to enter, I realised I was a week late!  Oh, well, it has at least got me started, so I thought I would share it with you all anyway.  First of all I may as well show you the inspiration photo, so here it is.

And here is my card.







First, I lightly inked through a checkered stencil with blue ink, fading off around the edges.  Then, I took a strip of back card-stock that I had previously stencilled with glitter embossing paste, which I adhered to a sliver of doily and adhered down to the card base.

Next, I stamped and fussy-cut the images and popped them up on foam squares and stamped my sentiment.

I finished off with some black Nuvo Drops to tie in the black in the images and card-stock strip.

Hopefully, this will get me back into the swing of things again.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. darling card Hazel and if only you'd been on time, it probably would have been a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Hazel, love the stenciled background.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge late or not. I love that subtle checked/plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you missed the deadline Hazel...Thank you for still sharing this vibrant and gorgeous card with us. Enjoy the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft stencilling in the background Hazel and the pretty doily and contrasting black and glitter paste card, and the drink and melon look perfect sitting there. I know what you mean about your mojo. When I last had a long break away it took me about a month to get going again properly and I think this is very pretty so I don't think Mr Mojo has gone far away. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too darn cute...love your sweet card. The lemonade and watermelon look so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so beautiful!! It's a perfect take on the sketch!! I love the subtle background!! So gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet summery CAS fruity design, Hazel. Your very soft background was such a nice touch too. TFS even if you did miss the deadline. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, we all know how that feels, but I'm glad it kick-started your mojo juice, Hazel! This is absolutely perfect and I'm sure it would have been a winner! So perfect for summertime!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one, Hazel. Especially that light checkered background. It adds such a subtle, but important, element to your fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the subtle stenciling looks like a fresh tablecloth with fresh treat !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this from the soft stenciling in the background to the summer refreshments and delightful shelf! Too bad it was late. I believe it would have been a winner! Thanks for sharing it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you were lare, but your inspired card is very fun. I did check out dies on Ali (and bought some of course!) 😀

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the soft stenciled background. Just perfect to show off your sweet summery treats!! Great design Hazel. Looks like your mojo is in full swing, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I love your (ant-free) watermelon card with the dainty doily! So lovely and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is wonderful! I am so glad you played along even though it was too late. That happens to me frequently. I can't keep up with all the great challenges out there. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card this is Hazel and such a shame you missed the deadline. I think your mojo is certainly back. The stencilled background looks fabulous and I love the summery images and the doily too. Fantastic! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x