Sunday 1 May 2016

Funday Sunday!


Hi all, I hope you are having a great weekend!  Now I am not spending quite so much time in the bathroom, I have been able to resume my life with a little more normality!

Those of you who popped by my blog last Sunday may remember that I renamed my Sunday as Funday, because that is what  I decided my Sundays should be.  I just have fun, doing whatever I feel like doing, rather than what I should be doing!

So, today, I used up some more 'bits and bobs' that have been lying around and played with a couple more unused stamp sets - that's something else I am trying to do, use some more of my NBUS pile - thanks you for the acronym Darnell!

The sets used were, WPlus9 'Watercolored Anenomes' and CC Designs 'Scripted Sentiments'.

My first card here used a strip of patterned paper that I have had for years and a card base that I had embossed with embossing paste through a stencil, decided it wasn't what I wanted for a project I was working on and abandoned!  Here is that card.




Nothing much to shout about, but it used up some of my crafting debris!

The next card uses those NBUS stamp sets I mentioned earlier.  I hadn't used the first of these  sets before, because it intimidated me!  It's one of those fabulous layering sets that give real depth to the finished image.  I adore these sets and have a number of them - I can never resist, even though they scare me - I take one look at the 'shadow' layers and 'mid tone' layers which, to my eye, never looks like anything, put the set to one side, thinking, one day, and then . . . forget them!

I was right to be scared!  The layering just didn't work for me, but as they are such a loose design, didn't really matter that much anyway, and, at least, I used them, which was the aim!

Here it is.









This is a OLC.  First I took a smooth, white card base and stamped the flowers and leaves in both corners.  Then I stamped the bold sentiment in black and then mixed up a little pink paint, with some white and red paints so that it coordinated with the pink stamping and flicked it over the finished design.  Then, of course, I finished it all off with a few of my home made dew drops that you all know about!

I hope you are all having some fun too!  Now I'm off to do some more lettering practice!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


14 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Hazel. I think I have some of that paper hidden away I bought from QVC years ago. I love the colours of the second card. You've mixed a lovely pink and I like the spatters. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, the second one is my favorite. Loving the home made dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful cards Hazel - especially love the second one - the pink anemones and the spatter make such a pretty card! happy funday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of them - and I love how you use up bits and pieces that you have lying around. I do really like your layered stamping, but I agree with you that I too find it quite daunting and never achieve the result I think I should. I'm not so sure they are for me really! But well done you for giving them a go - always good to step out of that comfort zone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love the colors and design of the first one!! The flowers look amazing on the second one!! I love how you use up your bits and bobs...I set something aside and it stays there, gathering dust ;) Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Hazel, love that background on number 1.
    Why did the layering not work for you ? Did you use a stamp-a-ma-jig to lay them exactly where they should be ?
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you definitely have been having a Funday, Hazel! :) Two awesome cards using NBUS stamps, patterned paper and leftovers from an unfinished project. We all have lots of those in our studios, so it's great to see you use some up and have inspired me to take a look again and see if I can use up some of my many stacks of UFOs. :) Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like you had a fun day crafting and using up lots of bits and pieces. The second card is delicate and so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funday is a great idea! Congrats on using some bits and pieces and NBUS stamp sets! Always a good feeling, especially when the result is such fabulous cards!
    Have a good week,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards Hazel, the second one is absolutely gorgeous. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards....love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabulous cards, Hazel. Especially that second one. It's SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are really great, Hazel!!!! And your dewdrops are so pretty and I think they look more stunning than enamel dots!!!! Yeah for using some bits and pieces on the first card - lovely colours and the embossed strip is beautiful!!!! And your layered stamping looks wonderful and the flowers are perfect, my friend!!!! Another yeah for using some NBUS!!!! You had a very productive day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear your scary stamp sets are coming out of hibernation, Hazel. Gorgeous cards, my lovely friend. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x