Monday 2 May 2016

Two Challenges

 For my lovely friends in the UK who are having a Bank Holiday, I hope you are enjoying it, although we have had the obligatory Bank Holiday weather in the SW . . . rain!

For everyone else, I hope you had a lovely weekend!

My card today is for two challenges.  The first, is a new one (to me) and that is CASometry Challenge 2 - Make 5  where Anna is challenging us to pick one stamp set and make five cards with that set!  Apparently, she is disciplined enough to think about this before she purchases a set!  Whereas, I see someone make a fabulous card with a stamp set, I rush to buy it and then, (hangs head in shame), forgets why I bought it in the first place!  Oh, you do the same?  Seems at least one other person here does it too!  The set I chose is another set that I had bought and, shamefully, not used!  It is the beautiful, Altenew, 'Wild Hibiscus' set.


The second challenge I am linking this card up with, is my dear friends, Loll and Bonnie's CAS Mix Up Challenge

Which requires that you make a CAS mixed media card using stamping (my images), heat embossing (my images) and one choice of your own, I chose, dry embossing (card front panel) and die cut (the sentiment).  I will explain my technique after the pictures, for those of you who would like to know the process.





If you are still with me, that probably means that you would like to know my process.

First, I took a white card base and stamped my images in Versamark and heat embossed in gold at the top of the card.  Then I fussy cut around the bottom edge of the flowers.  Next, I took a piece of card-stock the same size as my card front and dry embossed that with my PTI Linen embossing plate.  I then adhered that behind my cut out card front.

To finish off, I die cut the thanks in gold card-stock and adhered that to the front and finished off with some gold Stickles to the flower centres.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


29 comments:

  1. Beautifully CAS Hazel. Love your heat embossing in gold and how you cut around the bottom of your lower flowers and slipped over your dry embossed layer. So cool. So happy you joined us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, Hazel!! The gold is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the flowers!! The embossing is so fabulous!! I have got to get that linen folder - I love it!! Beautiful as always my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The textured linen card looks fabulous with the gold embossed flower layer. I clean forgot I have this linen texture die!! Yes you are not alone as to why we buy stamps etc. I can totally empathize with you. Your card today is gorgeous..love the white with the gold embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this design Hazel. Your images look amazing heat embossed in gold. And I love how you've cut around the design to create a flower topper for your card. The dry embossing adds lots of texture.

    I'm like you and often buy a stamp set because I saw a card I liked done by some other card artist. When I get it home (or it arrives in the mail), I put it into a basket of NBUS that I keep handy. Sometimes it will sit there for months before I actually use it. Crazy! That is dedication to think of several ways to use a set before buying it ... good for Anna. :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at CAS Mix Up! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful. I love all the gold goodness you have added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hazel, what a gorgeous and classy card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the gold embossing and the background is such a lovely touch. I too have to confess that even in my short time crafting and making cards, I've bought several stamp sets which I've only ever used to make one card..... That's what I need to do in future! Or maybe just stop buying stamps! Hahah! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What elegance, Hazel! I love the gold embossing and the way you've added that bit of dry embossed texture! I do just like you do and buy then wonder what I was going to do with the stamps, etc. I'm hanging my head as I have some that I've had for a year or more. So many stamps and techniques, so little time! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen so many beautiful cards made with this set that I was thinking about putting it on my wish list. Your elegant card in white and gold made gave me the final push to add it to my evergrowing list! Love that linen embossing plate - it adds a little bit of something without overwhelming! Absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Wow .... Jaw dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Hazel. I love the simplicity of your design - it just adds to the elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply stunning, Hazel!!! Love those beautiful flowers - looks great embossed in gold and I love the clever idea to do the fussy cutting and then adhering it to the embossed panel!!!! That is such a great EF - I love when you use it - and the font of the sentiment die is so lovely!!! Beautiful, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel....this is so beautiful. Love all that gorgeous gold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card ..I think I must buy gold embossing powder now ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous design! The gold stickles in the flower is so beautiful. I love this CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for participating in my challenge, Hazel! I like the set you chose, it will be really easy to play with it, I'm sure! ;)) And your card is great - I like the gold touches on the white, and that texture on the background really makes the difference.
    Anna K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear Hazel, I had to laugh when reading your post. Why ? Because I am EXACTLY the same as you. (hang my head in shame too !) But I do try to work on this. (still needs a lot of practise) But I so love this card it is a stunner big time. Can I steal this idea from you ? It is so absolutely gorgeous, love love love it. Really do I need to say more ?
    Sending you love n hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hazel, you're not alone in the 'must have-why have' department! That's why Anna's challenge is so intriguing; makes us 'have' to give at least one of our sets some major love. Your card: elegance and class through and through! I'm still figuring out my set...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple and beautiful card, Hazel. Love this Altenew stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, thought I'd commented on this one. Must have done so on FB. Just saw it in the CAS Mixup link, popped over to check. It's so beautiful with this pretty gold on the gorgeous images. Prettiest look with this set I've seen so far. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely CAS card - gold and white is such a perfect colour combination. I love the texture of the embossed card base to set off the beautiful heat embossed flowers. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Hazel, Altenew just always works so perfectly when embossed in gold. Stunning layout, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one amazingly elegant CAS card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, what a beautiful CAS card, Hazel! Love the gold and white theme! Can't wait to see your next four cards using the same stamp set.
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful!! Despite being rather simple-well done!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your card! Gold and white combination is very beautiful. Hugs××

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x