Sunday 15 May 2016

Clearly Besotted - Love Quotes II


Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far!  A couple of days ago I watched a video by the super talented Therese Calvird from Lost In Paper when she made a wedding card with pale grey card-stock and made a tone on tone background by stamping a flower image all over with a grey ink.  I loved the effect, and so, this card was inspired by that video.  Do yourself a favour and pay Therese a visit, if you haven't already, she is one super talented card maker.

First, I took a panel of pale grey card-stock and stamped the largest flower from Clearly Besotted's 'Love Quotes II' stamp set (until now, un-inked)  Then, I softly coloured them with a white pencil and put a shadow around them with a grey pencil.

Next, I took a strip of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment in white and stamped the smaller flower and leaves on another piece of the same vellum, and heat embossed that in white also.  then I fussy cut the leaves and small flower out and adhered them just above the sentiment and added a bit of shimmer with a Gellyroll Stardust glitter pen to them.

Then I folded the vellum panel over the front of the grey panel and secured the vellum on the back with Scotch Tape and cut a small strip off each side of the panel to make it a tiny bit smaller than my card base, so that I would have a small margin of white on both sides and adhered it to the card base.

I finished it off with some sparkling sequins from SSS and a couple of drops here and there of Glossy Accents, sprinkled with  a little iridescent micro-fine glitter (which is not very noticeable in the photos).  Here is my card.





Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


14 comments:

  1. What an elegant, gorgeous card, Hazel!! I love the flowers stamped on the background!! The embossed vellum is so beautiful!! Love this my friend!! Stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so elegant! Love the tone-in-tone grey with white and vellum! And yes, I do follow Therese, she is great!
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful, Hazel! I love the different techniques you've used o make it really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. I love the look of Neutral tones and the white on grey, with your added pencil highlights on the flowers is just beautiful - so classy and overreact for a wedding card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love white and gray and you've created a gorgeous card - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, super gorgeous Hazel.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stylish, my lovely friend :)
    A sophisticated beauty of a card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant & beautiful--love this card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful and elegant wedding card! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure class, Hazel! What elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, I don't know how I missed this beautiful card. Lovely stamping and the vellum flower looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the grey and vellum Hazel, great combo and very classy too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so elegant Hazel. The vellum overlay with its sparkly flowers and bold sentiment pack quite a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, dear friend!!!! It's been ages wince I last visited - big apologies - but I fell behind so much in blogvisits (what's new???!!!) and I knew you said you would not be around in June so I left your visits for last, Hazel!!! But now I'm going to enjoy all of the cards you have made since my last visit and I know I'm in for a feast for the eye!!!!
    And, WOW, what a beauty we have here in grey and white!!!!! The subtle colouring of your flowers are so beautiful!!! The vellum strip is so lovely with the white embossed flower and sentiment - love the shimmer on the flower!!! This is such an elegant card, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x