Saturday 21 May 2016

Cards Needed For Stash


Hi all you lovely, lovely people!  I hope everyone had a good week . . . I just blinked and missed it!  My cards today, are cards I need for my 'stash'.  I try to keep a few cards of each type on hand for those unexpected events.  

I recently gave my last get well card out, and so, needed to make a few to keep on hand.  So, I have two very quick ones today.  The first, is what I would call, a 'cheater' card.  That is, it was more-or-less an 'assembly' job.  The focal panel was a 'journal' card - I don't do journaling - but it was a very pretty card, so I just mounted it on to a piece of card that I had coloured by taking the ink pad to the paper and rubbed it over in a coordinating colour and then mounted that on to a Concord & 9th card base, stamped the sentiment, added some 'Glossy Accents' to the flower centres, sprinkled with microfine glitter and that  was that, job done!  Here is that card.





My other card was made using a new, unused Kaisercraft embossing folder called, 'Sketched Rose', which was lying on my desk ready to be put away.  I embossed a water-coloured panel that I had made on a previous occasion and gently sponged over the raised areas with my - very old - Inka Gold in 'Copper' to make it stand out more and mounted that on to a plain white card base and added the sentiment heat embossed on to a piece of black card-stock and mounted that with some foam tape.  Here is that card.




 
Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


16 comments:

  1. I also try to keep a few cards of each kind on hand. These latest cards for your stash are lovely. The eventual recipients will surely appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards Hazel, I particularly like the second one with the lovely embossed image very pretty :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're the best kind of cards - easy to make and yet still beautiful. I love what you've done with the journaling card and I adore the embossing folder - I have one similar I got in a magazine and I can see it would look lovely for such a card. Gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love how you glammed up the journaling card!! The background color is fabulous!! The second card is so beautiful!! The colors and embossing are so pretty!! Love them both my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are BEAUTIFUL, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created two beautiful cards, Hazel. The second card I like particularly. I love the delicate color and a clear reflection of the outlines of the rose. It's very beautiful.
    Have a nice weekend,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all this outstanding inspiration, Hazel! I love every.one.of.them!! I bought those watercolored cards so I really appreciate the ideas!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of The journal card. Pretty second card with the colors too

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one very pretty embossing folder, Hazel. Well done for using it... most of my new toys end up being put away for a long time before they get a 'play day'!
    Your quick card is also very lovely.
    Have a good Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to use that journal card. I've got a couple of them and I wasn't sure what to do with them, but now I do! Gorgeous embossed roses! Both great cards, Hazel. I'm glad you had time to play. Sometimes rainy days are a great excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two simply fabulous cards...just love your "cheater card" and would have never known had you not said that, it is really beautiful and something I can see you making. Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both lovely Hazel. It doesn't look like a cheater in any way and I think the second is gorgeous. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. both cards are wonderful Hazel - love how you used the C & 9th card base and the rose card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards Hazel. Especially love the layout of your first card and how you've framed it with. Very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your calling the first one cheater card made me chuckle! It still is pretty and will make someone happy! The gorgeous embossing folder of the second one wants to jump on my wish list... Beautiful card you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a pretty journal card and you have used it wonderfully on your card, Hazel!!! I really like the pretty bright flowers and how you have framed it to really stand out!!!!!! And the second card is just as pretty!!! What a great EF and such a good idea to sponge it to have the roses shine!!!! Both so beautiful!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x