Sunday 22 May 2016

No Internet Connection, Hence, Four Stash Cards


Hello crafty buddies!  As some of you will know, today I was without internet all day until around 17:15, or thereabouts, so, of course, there was only one thing for it . . . hole up in my craft room!  Some more cards that I needed for my 'stash' was masculine birthday cards (I am not very inventive when it comes to masculine cards, especially for the men in my family, as they are not particularly into the usual kind of sports)  therefore, I never really know what to do for them.

Well, I had been playing with some alcohol inks on glossy photo paper and I had two panels in different colours.  I have had these inks for years and only recently dug them out again.  So, I used these panels to make some masculine cards with.

Be warned, my lovelies, this is definitely a picture heavy post, so grab a cuppa and pull up a comfy chair, or, if you are in a hurry, forget it until another day ;)  Here goes.

Card #1 - Half of one inked panel




 

Card #2 - Half of the inked panel above




Card #3 - With half of the second panel




Card #4 - The other half of the panel above





Two of the cards together

Finally (thank goodness I hear you say) . . . the insides decorated with the 'left-overs' from the outside panels


  
I have tried to get around to as many of you as I could today once my internet was back up, but if I have missed any of you, I will be trying to catch up tomorrow!

So, what have you all been up to while my back has been turned?  All good stuff I hope!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


19 comments:

  1. Great cards, all, but I think my fave is the second one. What wonderful additions to your stash of cards. I never have enough masculine cards, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine cards. I haven't played around with my alcohol inks in forever, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel these cards are amazing. They would be loved by any recipient but are definitely ideal for those difficult males (like my hubby who also hates sport of any kind) I just love the way you have turned the 2 panels into 4 unique cards so clever :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use your panels Hazel. You've made really lovely contemporary cards with your "play" pieces and I think they are fantastic and would work for many occasions. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are so artistic and gorgeous, Hazel!! Wow!! The panels look amazing!! I love the colors!! You've made me want to dig out my alcohol inks and play!! Love, love these my friend!! So stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never seem to make use of my alcohol inks, but you've inspired me to try again, Hazel, as I absolutely love these cards! Wonderful panels & designs! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! These panels are amazing!! I love them - they are all so different and very useful to have in stash. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No internet equals a sad day for me!!!
    LOVE these cards, Hazel. Such a good idea for 'Male' cards.
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cards Hazel they look great. I am having major pc probs.
    Sometimes he works sometimes he doesn't and when it works I never know how long that's why I haven't been around much.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great utilization of time without Internet ! I loved the cards ,I am also confused when my brother wants cards for his friends ! I am going to follow your ideas now,The last to pairs are very interesting ,I had fun guessing the shapes..last one looked more like aquarium with colorful fishes !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work with the alcohol inks. The colours are so vibrant and beautiful. These are great masculine cards. Good job making use of the time without the internet Hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gorgeous series of cards shows a much better way of using time! I often think if I wouldn't spend so much looking at other blogs I would be much more productive in my craft room! Love the abstract art on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My, you certainly put your 'down time' to a most productive use. 4 beautiful masculine cards. HOw interesting to see the different looks of the same panel when you cut these into sections. Particularly like the combination of parts of the alcohol backgrounds combined with the crisp white, and the added little divider strip. Very pretty indeed when you cut into the unusual shapes, and I really liked the pieces with the hot pops of the red blooms into the blue colors. Each one was so pretty, and nice use of the crapalanche to make these 4 beauties. Well done, You! TFS & Hugs (oh yeah, I'll echo Suzanne's comment about if I spent less time looking and more time doing!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect manly cards, Hazel! I always love seeing what people do with alcohol inks. These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are the best guy cards ever! They are works of art ,Hazel! Sorry about the Internet ......and you lived through it....lol.....it's kinda sad how much we all need/ want it

    ReplyDelete
  16. No internet Hazel...oh no I feel your pain...glad it's back now too! Gorgeous cards as always, clever you, enjoy the weekend my friend. I am all packed and off tomorrow for a well needed break ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the ink use -- all of these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing worse than no Internet! Except it give us an excuse to hole up in our respective craft caves and get busy! Your experiments with alcohol ink get an A+ from me. The colors are so vibrant and the patterns so eclectic. Both are perfect for the oh-so-difficult man-card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your inked panels look amazing, Hazel and you have made the perfect masculine cards with them!!!! All of these are simply wonderful and the colours are so beautiful!!!! Well done on your masculine cards, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x