Saturday 20 December 2014

Stash Raiding & Upcycling

Today, I thought I would have a little break from the challenges, so that I could use up some 'bits & pieces' that have been lying around on my work space for far too long!  You know, the, "I'll keep it . . it may come in handy" bits and bobs!  You all have them . . . right?  Come on, it can't be just me!

Anywho, I had this flower that I had rescued from a shop bought card and knew that I had some cardstock that matched the colour perfectly and I still had a 'wonky panel' cut out from one of the challenges below 

So, I got the cardstock and stamped it with the same colour ink for a tone on tone effect (I did manage to twist the card a little as I stamped, which blurred the text), but as I just wanted it for a little texture and most of it would be covered up anyway, I decided to keep it as is and mounted it to a plain white card base.

Next, I stamped the wonky panel with the birthday sentiment and mounted that on top of the coloured panel with foam tape for dimension.

Then, I finished it off with the 'upcycled' flower.

Let me know what you think . . . I appreciate each and every one of you lovely people and will always try to reciprocate!  Thanks for stopping by today, all supplies will be listed below.

This is the card


Supplies used:

White cardstock from the Papermill
Stampin' Up - 'Melon Mambo' cardstock & ink
My Favorite Things - 'Birthday' background stamp
White panel, designed by me and cut out on my cutting machine
Fabric Flower - Upcycled from store bought card (used card of course)

As ever, thanks for visiting!  Hazel x




2 comments:

  1. LUSH make, GORGEOUS colour and I wouldn't have spotted any blurring if you hadn't mentioned it - too much Christmas spirit perhaps!!!

    Seasons Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, vibrant card and what a great way to use your stash.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x