Saturday 6 December 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #165

Today I made a card for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #165 and I also want to link it to Addicted To Stamps - CAS Challenge

The challenge at FMS was this sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/freshly-made-sketches-165-sketch-by.html

This is the card


Detail


Detail



I used a watercolour piece I made for the background to the stitched circle frame, cut the frame and stuck it to the watercolour piece, then I stuck it to the front of a textured card base.

I stamped the balloons and die cut them and attached some twine and then stamped the sentiment and fussy cut that (not really fussy, more straightforward).  Then I stuck the first balloon straight onto the card and added the second one with foam tape, to add dimension.  Finally, I coated the balloons with A Wink Of Stella and some Glossy Accents.

The challenge for the Addicted To Stamps was for a Clean and Simple card, which, I hope, this is!

A simple card with a pop of colour.

Supplies used:

Stamps - Alte&New, 'Label Love',  and WPlus9, 'Happy Everything'
Dies - Stitched Circle (from one of MFT's Blueprints set) & WPlus9 - 'Happy Everything' for the balloons

Thanks for popping by to visit and I appreciate all your comments.  Have a good weekend!   Hazel x

11 comments:

  1. I entered this challenge too. I never cease to be amazed at how we all start from the same point (the sketch) and yet our work ends up so different!! Your card is just GORGEOUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used and those glossy balloons.
    So pleased to see you at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colorful and clever! The watercolored background is amazing and the balloons look like they are really floating away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The watercolor background is wonderful! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Love the inky background and fancy balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just FABULOUS!! I really LOVE the watecolor look!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between the gorgeous watercolor piece and those fabulously shiny balloons, this is an awesome card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is so cool! I love the 3D effect of the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great watercolored background. Those colors are beautiful together! I really like your glossy balloons too. Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours and love that gloss on the balloons. Your textured card base really sets it all off beautifully too. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x