Monday 1 December 2014

For Chrissie & The Team Over At Less Is More

This is my final entry for the Less Is More #200 Challenge - 'Celebrate'  
This will be my third one and they must be getting sick of seeing my name by now. 

I am dedicating this card to Chrissie who started the LIM blog and keeps it running so we can all enjoy it and join in the fun!  I have always had encouraging comments from her and the DT.

This is a technique that I saw Jennifer McGuire demonstrate a while ago now and I remembered it, had the stamp set and decided to try and replicate the effect. To visit her blog click HERE


This is my card 



First, I stamped the sentiment in different colour inks and then, cut them in half.  The red one I cut a strip out of the center, then I cut four more strips of card the same width and layered them up. 

Next, I put the two halves together on to a card front and lined up the red, layered strip on top so it stood out.

Finally, I stamped the rest of the greeting underneath the main sentiment, in Versafine Black Onyx pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I mounted the panel on to a card with a strip of yellow card for accent and added a few sequins as it is supposed to be a celebration!  Maybe it would look better without?  The jury is out on that one!

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment you lovely people, it is very much appreciated!  Hazel x

Supplies used:

Stamps - My Favorite Things, 'Celebrate Big'
Ink - Colorbox, 'Paintbox Primary's'
Sequins from stash

22 comments:

  1. Very nice composition, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! love this super clever and classy design Hazel. Great celebratory card and full of zing!
    Thanks so much for joining our special 200th challenge this week and for your continued support.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Hazel, I love your layered sentiment and brilliant clean lines.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hazel

    A beautiful card and what a clever idea with the sentiment, the centre really pops out. Love the sparkle.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design Hazel, I love how the center of your sentiments pops out. Greetings Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another great card Hazel, love the colour and design. How lovely you made a card for Chrissie too,I agree she is so encouraging to us all ;) Viv xx
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool, I love the added dimension on the cold sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, I don't know how they will pick a favorite. I love this one, too, Hazel, and am putting it in my "to CASE" folder! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! So clean, yet so vivid with the bold print & colors. TFS that link...I like JMcG's videos, and guess this is one I missed. Good job on this card. It's beautiful & so well done. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab technique and what a stylish card Hazel!
    Thanks so much for joining our 200th Challenge at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don’t think any one would ever get sick of seeing your gorgeous cards! CAS with lots of insetting detail, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I really like the cards on your blog, I will be back! :-) Thanks for the sweet comment over at my blog, hartybyheart.com.
    Take care!
    Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Loved reading how you created this affect and I think the sequins give an extra sparkle to the celebration. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like this bright CAS card, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome technique for a CAS design, Hazel. Love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool. Love the graphic effect and the bright bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant idea, this strip across Celebrate !! Fabulous CAS card!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw your card in the LIM gallery and just had to pop by and tell you how much impact it has; I love the technique you used. Great CAS celebratory card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever idea. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x