Sunday 26 February 2017

Shades Of Grey!


Hi my lovelies!  I do hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  It is grey (apt for the title of this post) and miserable here in my part of the UK today - all the better for crafting away in your own little space - which is what I am doing!

Since I have been reorganising I have found a lot of things that I forgot I had and, of course, I have been using them!  This card started with that small square of patterned paper you see here and the scrap of vellum cut at an angle (I was going to enter it in the Snippet Playground, but couldn't find the relevant page, sorry Di.)

I took a textured, grey card base and stamped the same leaf cluster all over, in two shades of grey ink - good job I didn't use fifty eh girls 👀 - then I used the same stamp to stamp just one cluster in the darkest grey ink on the snippet of patterned paper, stamped the sentiment, mounted it on to the scrap of vellum and in turn mounted that on to the card base.

I finished the whole thing off with a generous licking of  'Wink Of Stella'  and called it done!  Here it is, such as it is.





Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You make me smile!    If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


15 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the stamped leaf background!! It looks amazing!! The glittery leaves are fabulous!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Hazel. Great stamping and design and a lovely colour combination. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty - grey and yellow are always so effective together and the vellum is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel, you minx! I love your title (not the books.....) and I adore your card. Love that it's made of snippets. The vellum adds a nice subtle shading to the grey background. Lovely job! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have put your snippets of found paper together with your stamping, a really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous layout. Love the grey with the yellow and love the different tones of the grey. Contemporary and gorgeous my friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those large leaves made nice and glittery Hazel and the vellum in between the top and bottom layers. A great way of using up your snippets. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pop of color looks good with the grays

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layers and the repetition of the background in your focal point. Great glittery card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card....love those sweet leaves on the stripes, such a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, for the first time I can see the Wink of Stella very clearly in a picture! How did you manage that??? Your card is wonderful! Love how you actually use the things you find! I should take an example!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out beautifully, Hazel! The single leaf cluster on the patterned paper looks dimensional with all the WOS sparkle. Simple, but pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous color combination, and they way you layered your elements is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love that leaves stamp and how you have done the bg, Hazel!!!! The leaves also look wonderful against the stripes!!!! The yellow and grey are so beautiful with the bits of black and I love the vellum - the vellum seems to have a bit of a shine and it's lovely!!!!! Such a gorgeous card, my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful afternoon!!!!! I have to start thinking of what to do for supper!!!! Not really in the mood for that now!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card you put together using the snippets you came across during your organizing! Your shades of grey leaves and that stripped paper are a great match!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x